The Valuation Actuary (Senior) will directly report to the Chief Actuary, and be a member of Actuarial team. The Valuation Actuary (Senior) has responsibility on valuation including data preparation, calculation of reserve, solvency, accrual commission, reinsurance premium and commission, VNB, EV, ALM. setting up various models on requested, such as remuneration scheme, persistency prediction, and other tasks as well. He/she also support the Product Development team to manage all valuation project, coordinate other stakeholder to make sure projects are implemented successfully.
- Responsible for promoting an environment where a risk management culture can flourish.
Effective Risk Management/Governance
- monitoring and effectively implementing changes to product and actuarial standards, regulatory and statutory reporting, tax legislation, etc. across both the Vietnamese and applicable international jurisdictions.
- provision of an effective internal control process on all actuarial and statutory areas including actuarial, underwriting, claims management, investment, management information system and planning – including setting authority levels within approved risk appetite.
- Ensure key risks have been identified, measured, monitored, managed and reported.
- Ensure appropriate levels of risk skills and experience within the team to support consistent risk management practices.
- Oversee valuation spreadsheets, validate with Prophet models, produce product tariff tables, perform profit and sensitivity testing.
- Oversee Modeling of life insurance products in Prophet: Traditional/Investment linked/Health and Medical product.
- Perform the regular data analysis follow Vietnamese regulations and JV guidelines.
- Perform experience studies on expense, mortality and lapse rates.
- In change in reinsurance: new quotation analysis, treaty review, reinsurance admin
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Building and developing an efficient team to support the growing business
- Talent recruitment/retention
- Effective cooperation in valuation tasks.
- Understanding the customer.
- Identify main target customer segments.
- Result (Finance):
- Carrying out valuation tasks is reasonable with maximized benefit and risk is prevented.
- Number of projects delivered on timely and satisfactory basis
- Operations and IT teams
- Distribution teams
- Finance team
- Internal Audit
- Compliance team
- Head of Departments
- Degree in Actuarial Science / Finance / Business / Economics/ Mathematics / Computer Science
- Preferably qualified actuary or associate or at least near qualified
- Associate Member of the international Institute/Society of Actuaries – preferred
- Basic knowledge of the actuarial, reporting, tax and regulatory regimes in Vietnam
- Good knowledge of international actuarial, reporting, for life insurers.
- Strong data and information analytical and presentation skills.
- Experience in valuation modelling in Prophet is preferred.
- Strong results orientation
- Strong IT skills: data manipulation, database query and management.
- Efficient in using Excel, VBA and Prophet.
- SQL and Python is preferred
- Strong bi-lingual English / Vietnamese language skills would be an advantage
- A proven financial leader with a demonstrable track record of achievements
- At least 7-8years experience in financial reporting, life product modelling and valuation – preferably in the life insurance sector in Vietnam or elsewhere in Asia.