An opening has arisen for an Operations or Fund Administration Officer to join the small Operations team of a private investment company managing a global multi-asset portfolio.
Assist in ensuring the Operations department effectively and efficiently carries out its functions of portfolio valuation, trade settlement, maintaining the portfolio management system, cash management, corporate actions, financial accounting and liaison with counter-parties.
- Perform valuation of the portfolio across multiple asset classes and instruments ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Perform custody, fund and security reconciliations on a timely accurate basis;
- Ensure all investment transactions are properly confirmed, correctly entered into the portfolio management system and settlement instructions are appropriately communicated to custodians;
- Monitor the settlement of transactions. Investigate and follow-up on failed trades/cash transfers;
- Monitor funding requirements and ensure transactions are properly funded and cash is managed in accordance with procedures;
- Prepare fund subscription documents and deal with Know your Client related queries;
- Monitor information sources and ensure corporate actions and entitlements are processed accurately and on a timely basis;
- Maintain static data and ensure fund/security analysis is kept up to date; and
- Liaise with counter-parties, external and internal auditors and facilitate good working relationships
- Up to 5 years prior experience in a relevant financial services role such as Operations, Fund Administration/Accounting, Corporate Actions etc;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel;
- Good verbal and written communication skills; and
- Intellectual curiosity and professional inquisitiveness.