Equity Research Analyst
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Sands Capital Management
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
Sands Capital Management is currently looking for an Equity Research Analyst (Analyst) to join the Consumer sector of our Investment Team. The Analyst’s primary job function is to assist the firm in fulfilling its mission ("to enhance the wealth of our clients, with prudence, over time") by identifying great businesses that meet our investment criteria. In this function, the Analyst is expected to work with other members of the Investment Team to understand companies by researching their business models, growth drivers, competitive advantages, industry trends, key risks, financial strengths, and financial models.
About the Firm
Sands Capital is an independent, employee-owned investment management firm based in Arlington, Virginia. Since 1992, Sands Capital has provided investment management services, primarily on a discretionary basis, to taxable and tax-exempt investors, including pension plans, endowments, foundations, mutual funds, charitable organizations, state, municipal and foreign government entities, Taft-Hartley plans, and high-net worth families and individuals. Sands Capital’s investment strategies employ a fundamental, bottom-up research process that aims to identify high-quality growth businesses on a global basis – from early-stage private businesses to leading public companies. Sands Capital currently manages approximately $40 billion in client assets.
Identified below are our Core Values that we hold in high regard and believe are critical for high-performing teams and individuals at Sands Capital:
Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
- Identify and research companies that meet the firm’s investment criteria
- Recommend businesses for ownership in client portfolios
- Continuously assess and analyze relevant companies’ business models, growth drivers, management, competitive advantages, competitive environment/5-forces, industry trends, key risks/challenges, current financial strength, and historical financial record
- Write-up company overviews and build written investment cases with supporting documents/spreadsheets for those companies using the firm’s investment criteria
- Evaluate quarterly earnings and summarize key takeaways related to Sands Capital’s investment criteria
- Update Portfolio Management teams on the progress of research work
- Participate in Management and Client Service/Business Development efforts, as needed
- Develop and maintain a strong team dynamic by building and sustaining effective and supporting working relationships across the Investment Team
- Serve as a mentor and role model for Research Associates on the Team
Necessary Skills and Qualifications
- A passion for investment research
- 6 or more years of relevant industry experience covering consumer-oriented businesses and making specific recommendations as to whether to own (or not own) the underlying securities
- Global experience preferred, but not required
- Outstanding analytical and strategic aptitude
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Superior modeling/Excel skills
- Strong work ethic, diligence, and an ability to complete assigned projects in a timely manner without direct supervision
- MBA and/or CFA preferred, but not required
- Must be willing to travel 30% - 40%
To be considered, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter that specifically outlines your qualifications for the position.
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply here: https://careers-sandscapital.icims.com/jobs/1023/investment-research-analyst/job
You may also check our website http://sandscapital.com/careers/ for other opportunities of interest.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.