Finance, Controllers, Regulatory Reporting, Associate -Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB FINANCE
We're a team of specialists charged with providing the overall financial control and reporting functions as well as assisting in managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk. Whether offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties or monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Controllers ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. In the Controllers Department, our professionals measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firm's business. Controllers also ensure that the firm's activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets. Candidates should expect challenging, multi-faceted assignments and the opportunities to work closely with business areas and senior management on a variety of accounting issues and to gain in-depth knowledge of key business drivers and industry dynamics. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities:
- Create, consolidate and validate the firm's reporting to the Federal Reserve. The candidate will be responsible for preparing and validating key financial statement schedules and disclosures
- Perform detailed analytical work related to the firm's financial statements, including but not limited to trading inventory, deposits and other highly-important public disclosures
- Prepare/present ongoing analysis of disclosures to senior management
- Work closely with product controllers, legal entity controllers and other Controllers' teams on upcoming disclosure requirements and new process implementations
- Position requires a strong understanding of accounting and disclosure requirements, including recent changes to accounting pronouncements
- Position requires a strong focus on internal control as well as working with Engineering to assist in the implementation and enhancement of automated reporting processes
- Work with the team leader in the assessment of quarterly effectiveness of internal controls and escalate control issues to senior management
- Liaise extensively with other areas of firm such as Product Controllers, Funding Controllers, Corporate Treasury, Legal, Tax, Regulatory, Market Risk and Credit Risk
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- 4 - 6+ years relevant work experience
- CPA is preferred
- Strong analytical / interpersonal skills and a high proficiency with Microsoft software applications
- Teamwork and collaboration-oriented, with the ability to work independently
- Must demonstrate considerable energy, focus, drive, and a sense of urgency
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, operate within deadlines, and escalate when appropriate
- Project management skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity