Member Services Associate
Member Services Associate Irving, TX/en-US/FHLB_Careers/job/Irving-TX/Member-Services-Associate_REQ-87-1/apply
FHLB Dallas actively pursues dedicated and hardworking individuals to be a part of our professional team. Positions are offered on an as-needed basis for all departments. View our current opportunities by clicking the View Open Positions tab above.
- Assists all Members by performing the execution of transactions in accordance with proper analysis and application of established procedures, policies, and regulations. This includes processing transactions such as initiating advances, auctions, capital stock trades, originating domestic and foreign wires, letters of credit and associated confirmations, term deposits and the regeneration of wire transfer PINs.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with department internal controls and procedures, the Bank policies, and Federal Housing Finance Agency regulations.
- Responsible for supporting the Community Investment Cash Advance Programs (CICA). This includes assisting Members in gathering the proper documents and completing applications, reviewing the documents and applications, entering commitments for community investment and economic development advances and funding commitments once all prerequisite steps have occurred.
- Provide Members with education, customer service and problem solving for all aspects of membership with the Bank, including: advances, auctions, capital stock, collateral, commitments, demand deposit accounts, domestic and foreign wires, letters of credit, letter of credit confirmations, pledges, term deposits, securities safekeeping, wire transfer PINs, and use of the external member portal SecureConnect.
- Manages the flow of documentation and related communication in and out of the Bank by being the Members main point of contact with the Bank through phone and email. This includes assisting Members in obtaining reports, resolving collateral shortages or demand deposit account overdrafts.
- Assists with writing and troubleshooting new and existing SQL queries and SSRS reports.
- Assists in the testing of systems and applications used by the Bank and Member Services to deliver products and services to its Members. This includes preparing and carrying out test script steps in development, quality assurance, and production environments.
- Attends departmental and Bank cross-training to enhance staff and personal skill building. Fulfills additional department requirements such as calling campaigns and conference attendance from time-to-time.
FHLB Dallas Offers a Professional, Inclusive Culture
- Bachelors or graduate degree in finance, business or related field. or equivalent work experience of 3-5 years in the banking industry.
- Understanding and working knowledge of the financial services industry. (FHLBank System knowledge preferred.)
- Excellent speaking, listening, telephone and written communication skills; able to display a high level of professionalism, patience and positivity in all interactions; thorough knowledge of PC based applications.
- A structured and organized team player with the ability to work collaboratively, multitask, and be flexible while working in a high energy environment.
- Analytical skills include the ability to break down ideas/issues leading to solutions as well as conduct research to uncover answers and provide solutions, resolve conflicts.
- Intermediate Excel Skills, including the ability to work with multiple worksheets, filter data, use integrate functions, and manipulate databases. Understanding SQL code and abilityto write and troubleshoot new and existing SQL queries working with a star-schema data warehouse, preferred
- Ability to occasionally travel to member locations and/or attend industry functions and conferences.
FHL Bank Dallas employees are committed to and exemplify the following principles:
- Service to our members is first and foremost
- All business will be conducted honestly and ethically
- Each employee contributes to customer service by directly serving our members or supporting those who do
- Interaction with members should focus on building professional relationships and helping customers achieve their goals
- Cooperation and teamwork throughout and across all levels of FHLB Dallas are essential to its effectiveness
- Colleagues and members will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity
FHLB Dallas provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, marital status, ancestry, veteran status, disability, or national origin. FHLB Dallas will consider for employment all persons on an individual basis consistent with job-related criteria without regard to visible and non-visible disabilities. Equal opportunity applies to all employment practices, including recruitment, screening, hiring, compensation and training, as well as other conditions and privileges of employment.
Posted TodayFull timeREQ-87
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas (FHLB Dallas) is a part of the Federal Home Loan Bank System, created by an Act of Congress and signed into law by President Herbert Hoover on July 22, 1932, to provide capital for mortgage funding during the Great Depression.
The System has 11 banks around the United States, serving as an affordable, flexible source of funding for some 7,000 financial institutions. FHLB Dallas is one of these 11 banks.
today and stay up-to-date on our openings as they continue to become available!