Project Manager, Laboratory
Project Manager, Innovation Lab Dallas/en-US/RyanCareers/job/Dallas/Senior-Manager--Process-Automation_R0005413-1/applyThe Project Manager, Innovation Lab (Digital Tax Technology and Global Data Strategy) business partner is responsible for the successful identification, qualification, and execution of innovative technology projects with the Ryan practices. This individual, under the guidance of their aligned Director will function as a critical junction box among clients, external resources, and executive leadership. As such, this position requires a self-starting, creative problem solver with project management experience who can turn ideas into working technology. Flawless client service and a positive attitude are critical to the success of this position. The ideal candidate will have a strong business process, tax and/or technology background, as well as a proven track record of successfully delivering on and contributing to leading edge projects, contributing to strategic work streams, and providing insight to drive digital transformation projects to completion.
Duties and Responsibilities, aligned to Ryans Key Results:
- Serves as a business partner to identify high-value transformative projects for assigned practices.
- Leads multiple digital transformation projects successfully as Lead Project Manager.
- Partners with cross-functional stakeholders and team members to effectively prioritize, plan, and organize the completion of project milestones and work while maintaining strong relationships with assigned practices.
- Demonstrates Ryans core values by creating a positive, accountable work environment for a growing, entrepreneurial team.
- Communicates timely; concise and engaging communications with stakeholders and leadership throughout the project lifecycle and at all levels of the organizations.
- Drives excellence by continuously soliciting feedback from internal clients and stakeholders.
- Designs and delivers effective Change Management plans to effectively communicate and educate end users.
- May require supervisory responsibility to include but not limited to managing projects, training employees, coaching, assigning work, and making sound business decisions while representing the Firm.
- Fosters relationships with internal and external stakeholders to secure commitment and drive project success.
- Manages customer relationships to ensure the highest quality of customer service is provided.
- Escalates and manages project issues and risks to the appropriate stakeholders with clarity, timeliness, and professionalism.
- Tracks progress and provides timely status reporting of milestones, dependencies, risks, and issues to initiative owners, key stakeholders, and leadership.
- Oversees all scoping, planning and execution, and managing activities to ensure on-time delivery, within budget and meets or exceeds expectations.
- Responsible for the execution of a portfolio of greenfield projects, ensuring expectations for scope, schedule, and budget are met.
- Supports and guide the analysis of tax data requirements to include, but not limited to: client information systems in complex projects, while ensuring best practices are applied to minimizing the impact to our clients and their IT organizations.
- Develops and provides education and coaching to elevate project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to meet project requirements.
- Evaluates business processes proactively to identify and execute improvements leading to quantifiable savings to the Firm.
- Develops appropriate training and communication plans/content to project stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree or Masters degree in business management, tax, computer science or 3-5 years of equivalent work experience as a program or project manager, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex solutions, systems, or services.
- Proven track record of managing and delivering multiple successful enterprise-grade projects with tight deadlines.
- Led and participated in successful business process automation projects.
- Ability to determine and deploy best methodology for the scale and requirements of the application.
- Exposure to modern enterprise applications, and their interfaces (APIs and GUIs).
- Demonstrated experience in the development or deployment of one or more enterprise software applications is an advantage .
- Exposure to low-code Business Process Management (BPM) solutions and their interaction with RPA is a strong differentiator.
- Exposure to Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, Agile Scrum, and DevOps methods.
- Experience with a variety of technology solutions and relational databases (e.g. Alteryx, Automation Anywhere etc.) highly preferred.
- Knowledge of tax, compliance, or accounting processes and applications is a strong differentiator
- Five years or more of implementation, consulting, or technology project management.
- Lean or Six Sigma certifications and experience preferred.
- Demonstrates leadership engagement and influencing skills.
- Manages multiple concurrent projects in a cross-functional organization and excels in a dynamic and collaborative environment supporting high-growth and fast-paced business units.
- Ability to coach teams to quickly identify core issues and determine solutions while creating structure around ambiguity.
- Strong drive for results and continuous improvement.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in Microsoft® Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research. Fluency in at least one programming language, scripting language or automation platform is highly desired. Experience with one or more database platform is also a strong indicator for success in the role.
Certificates and Licenses:
- PMP Project Management Professional Certification (preferred)
- PMI-ACP Agile Certified Practitioner (preferred)
- Six Sigma Green Belt (preferred)
- Valid drivers license (required)
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees and vendors both in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Travel requirement approximately 30-50%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Posted YesterdayFull timeR0005413
Ryan offers outstanding opportunities to work in a dynamic, rapidly expanding tax services firm serving the worlds most respected Global 5000 companies. Our innovative work environment, accelerated growth path for high performers, competitive benefits package, and outstanding earning potential provide the most rewarding career experience available in the industry. Ryan employees are given the freedom to do their best work in the way they work best. With a clear understanding of expectations and accountabilities, our employees are given ownership of their time and flexibility to meet the demands of their professional and personal lives.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Ryan LLC (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Job duties related to this role are to be conducted in a manner that adheres to privacy laws, as well as follows internal governance related to protecting confidential information and trade secrets, and to securing data and company records.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Accommodation
Ryan, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting employment discrimination. It is our policy to take all employment actions and make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, citizenship status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability, military status, status as a disabled or other protected veteran or any other protected status under applicable law.
It is Ryan's policy to make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact our People Group at 972.934.0022 or if you are interested in applying and need assistance to submit your application, or if you are interested in a position and believe you may require a reasonable commodation in order for you to perform its essential functions.
Click to view the entire EEO poster and supplement.
*Notice to Canada Candidates In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Ryan ULC will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request. Ryan welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities*.
Ryan recognizes and is committed to compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) promulgated by the European Union (EU). Please access our Privacy Notice in relation to this at the following . Please access our Personal Data Protection Policy at the following .