Finance, Finance Planning & Analysis, Anaplan Lead, Vice President - Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB FINANCE
The mission of the Finance Division is to ensure the accuracy of the firm's financial information by complying with the rules and regulations governing financial markets worldwide. Through critical analysis, the Finance Division helps to protect the firm from reputational risks while also aiding internal and external stakeholders with the evaluation of valuable information such as business performance and global risk. In its role as the firm's second line of defense, it is essential for all employees within the Finance Division to embrace the firm's culture of control by identifying and escalating areas of concern and influencing decisions to make certain that appropriate conclusions are made. FPA
Finance, Planning & Analysis (FPA) division with a mission to transform the organization financially, operationally, and culturally, in order to achieve efficiencies and empower consumers in the business. The team provides innovative platforms and tools which enable senior leaders, CFOs, product owners, finance, management and strategy teams across the firm to analyze their investment structures, drive efficiencies and forecast future changes. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. OUR IMPACT
The Anaplan COE team within the FP&A division is responsible for evaluating the Firm's internal CFO functions and implementing new processes and systems to better serve our internal stakeholder's and clients. We operate across all divisions of the firm liaising with Divisional CFO's to establish requirements, build systemic solutions, and implement new processes to create complex data sets to drive Financial analysis. YOUR IMPACT
A successful candidate would utilize their Anaplan skills to be part of a stable, well-tuned and managed data environment for Finance professionals across the firm to solve business problems. This includes responsibility for building Anaplan models, creating and implementing user stories, building a regional team in Dallas, managing Anaplan core COE and operational functions.
This individual will also help drive the appropriate governance to ensure best data practices, working to identify and eliminate barriers to progress in transformation across teams, and help teams improve the structure and integrity of their financial data. In addition, they will need to partner across FP&A division to ensure that we can use Anaplan capabilities to accelerate reengineering across firm. CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to have an impact across all Divisions at GS as well as the opportunity to interact at firm level, engaging the firm-wide strategy and playing a role in shaping the direction of the data tooling strategy for the firm. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience building complex Anaplan models
- Strong expertise and deep understanding of multi-dimensional modeling
- Strong understanding of data/integration both inbound as well as outbound with customer source systems (ERP, CRM, etc.)
- Ability to translate from model-building in Excel to multi-dimensional technologies
- Able to translate technical data capabilities to an operational and financial audience
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and an ability to maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Articulate issues clearly and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Listen well and be receptive to others' ideas and suggestions, encouraging open and collaborative dialogue among team members
- Identify internal client needs and appropriately work to understand the foundations of great client experience, while leveraging available internal tools to provide the best service possible
- Establish, cultivate and leverage relationships to identify and execute on process enhancements
- Articulate operational and risk impacts related to a specific task or procedure
- Implement controls to proactively manage risks in this domain (e.g. entitlement; data proliferation control etc.)
Management, Leadership & Culture:
- Experience building out and managing a team of Anaplan model builders
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills as part of a growing group
- Foster a culture of solving the firm's problems and driving towards business value
- Ability to manage a plan across multiple competing priorities and stakeholders
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in Excel spreadsheet modeling, macros, pivot tables, formulas, charts, etc.
- Good knowledge of data visualization (Business Intelligence) and data modelling
- Experience in Dashboard Development and Data integration
- Exposure to API management, usage and development
- 5+ years of Anaplan experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity