Senior DevOps Engineer
IHS Markit Environmental Registry and Auctions department provides products and services for the environmental projects and assets. The IHS Markit registry provides an essential tool for managing global carbon, water and biodiversity credits. It allows participants to track environmental projects and to issue, transact and retire serialized credits. The Registry provides infrastructure that increases transparency, efficiency and scalability within the global environmental markets. The IHS Markit Auctions platform provides comprehensive auction and auction management services across asset classes. The ESG Reporting platform is a one-stop online platform for the collection, storage and dissemination of corporate environmental, social and governance (ESG) data and reports. Position Summary: Duties & accountabilities:
Business competencies: Education and experience:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products / services.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 7+ years of experience as DevOps engineer.
- 4+ years of relevant experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, etc.) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security
- Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Experience with version control tools like svn and git.
- Experience setting us CI/CD processes and automate deployment, scaling, and management of the supporting infrastructure.
- Experience with AWS and Azure cloud platforms. Certification is helpful, but not required
- Experience with AWS products like EC2, RDS, ELB, VPC, Lambda, SNS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Autoscaling is required
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Strong Linux administration skills. Experience managing Linux production workloads
- Experience with build and deploy tools like Jenkins, CI/CD, Code pipeline,
- Experience with tools like JIRA, and VSTS
- Experience with webservers IIS, Apache, and nginx.
- Experience in writing scripts using shell and python is required
- Experience with deploying changes to SQL Server and MySQL is required.
- Experience with containers would be useful
Management requirements Personal competencies: Personal impact
- Understanding of basic financial market terminology is desirable, but not essential.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Displays energy, drive and stamina.
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones.
- Focused on delivery.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational, written and verbal skills
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to project priorities and processes and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with overseas team.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.