SFL Engineering - Full Stack Engineer - FICC Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
The Structured Finance & Lending business often involves creating solutions customized to each client's specific needs/situations. Therefore, unlike flow trading of relatively more matured products, no two trades are alike.
In the past years, our focus has put on create new digital platform for structured products called SFLCube, which will be integrated under GS Marquee strategy. Our asset universe covers a vast spectrum of products, including repo, loans, ABS and derivatives, therefore a uniform digital platform is crucial to manage and scale up the business. Your Impact
SFL Engineering is responsible for delivering digital products to business as well as our institutional client. We design and build highly scalable web platforms that provide access to Goldman Sachs content and risk system. These tools help to transform and simplify client experiences while generating new revenue streams and building a business leader in lending market.
SFL Engineering is a business driven team, composed of talented and passionate engineers working to change the landscape of lending world. Here you will gain familiarity with a wide range of asset classes & risk factors despite sitting in a single business. This provides an invaluable and unusual opportunity to build a deep foundation of product knowledge.
As a SFL Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work closely with trading, strats, sales and clients, to get a better understanding of their requirements and build scalable resilient solutions meeting the latest technology standards. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
Who We Look For
- Work on some of the most complex technical and design challenges in combination of technology and finance
- Develop the new generation of lending platform and externalize the function to institutional client through GS Marquee strategy
- Learn from the foremost experts in finance and technology who are diverse in their academic and social backgrounds to advance in your career
- Enjoy to work across the code stack in a client driven environment
- Passionate in implementing responsive user interfaces
- Ability to work in a high-pressure and agile environment
- Good work ethic and eagerness to learn
Preferred Qualifications in One or More
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Programming in a complied language (like Java, C++ or other widely used backend language)
- Experience in Communication Network / HTTP Protocol
- Be a self-starter and proactively establish trust with stakeholders
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity