Relationship Manager - Vice President
Description About this role
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that champions positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. Overview:
BlackRock's Retirement Insurance Group (RI
), a division of BlackRock's Retirement Group (RG), develops and maintains relationships with insurance companies offering Variable Annuity, Fixed Index Annuity, Registered Index Linked Annuities, Life Insurance, as well as, ETF and mutual fund products.
Professionals within the team work together to deliver a full range of asset management, risk management and advisory services relevant to clients' investment needs. Unified under one global client platform, individual client businesses are accountable for client relationships and distribution of products and services and are supported by a centralized marketing function which ensures consistency globally. BlackRock is a top-5 manager of retail insurance assets. The Retirement Insurance team offers outstanding partnership to insurance clients by providing investments, sales support, thought leadership, BlackRock technologies and world-renowned risk-management insight.
The RI Relationship Manager (RM)
role is critical to the continued success of the ongoing effort to grow BlackRock's market share with Life Insurers engaged in retail lines of business in the U.S. While the specific objectives of the role are focused on executing the RI business plan, the individual in this role must also possess the skills required to be an ambassador of BlackRock to clients and think holistically as a relationship manager and business person in order to unlock other opportunities within these firms to strengthen and grow the existing partnership. Key Responsibilities:
- Execute relationship management & business development responsibilities with clients and prospects in alignment with the group business plan
- Lead the development and coordinate account planning and execution for some of RI's largest existing relationships
- Partner with senior colleagues within the Retirement Group (RG) and across the firm to drive new business opportunities and solve complex client issues and challenges
- Work closely with the Client Experience Team (CEM) to ensure the ongoing servicing of clients are being met
- Collaborate with RI Market Leader Team and client distribution leadership to align sales, marketing, and value add efforts with firm specific account plans
- Ensure high coordination from all BLK parties in developing strategy and execution of an integrated client experience
- Represent RI and BlackRock at client and industry events; positioning all of BlackRock capabilities and thought leadership to enhance brand awareness in the Insurance space
- Invest in internal relationship building across the firm in order to deliver a One BlackRock experience to clients
- Partner closely with RI and RG leadership to help shape the strategic direction of the business with achievements to measure successful execution
- Ability to navigate sr. executive level conversations with clients and internally at BlackRock, partnering with BlackRock Global Executive Committee (GEC) members on strategic client initiatives and priorities
- Role requires 20-40% travel
- Undergraduate degree with a CFA, and/or MBA, and/or CIMA highly preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in relationship management & business development experience with intermediary clients
- Strong understanding of the organization dynamics of a retail insurance company and the retirement industry
- Ability to work across the functional areas of BlackRock to deliver the firm to clients as well as project manage and advance the business
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership skills and negotiation skills
- Experienced negotiation skills
- NASD Series 7, 3 and 66 (or 63 & 65) required
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.