Project Manager – Product Development - Climate Risk Solutions
Job Description The role will be focused on managing Climate Risk projects for MRA, with an initial emphasis on solutions for Physical/Transition Risks and Regulatory Reporting. The role sits within the PMO function within Moody's ESG entity, and requires collaborative working with a range of other internal stakeholders.
This is a multi-facing role and strong people management skills are essential. The Project Manager must successfully align stakeholder expectations and provide a robust approach for jointly managing issues.
The Project Manager will be joining a fast growing business within a top tier global ESG/Climate software provider to the banking and insurance industries, with opportunities for development and for driving challenging and rewarding projects to successful outcomes.
A willingness to engage, learn and contribute to the functional and technical challenges on product projects is a must. This is a great opportunity to gain rapid exposure to blue chip clients while helping a new team develop its product development processes.
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing the delivery and all aspects of product deliverables.
- Managing delivery of concurrent software projects to include;
- Data management pipelines
- Client facing applications
- Internal data platforms
- Liaison and consultation with the product managers to determine scope and requirements
- Take ownership of the project. Identify project risks, plan, organize and manage the deliverables across the project lifecycle. Undertaking regular reporting to the program manager to ensure that projects support the program management objectives.
- Managing the stakeholder's expectations and managing the communication to and from the stakeholder. This also includes identifying & escalating risks to the program manager
- Coordinate activities with product teams, internal teams and within MRA and MA, tracking progress of development against plan and budget. Alerting the program manager of issues that might impact successful on-time / on-budget delivery
- Obtaining user acceptance upon successful completion of the project
- Actively oversee and manage all functional requirements, functional specifications, technical specifications, test plans and user acceptance tests for assigned projects
- Responsible for ensuring communication between internal and external technical teams, also including partner and subcontractors, throughout the projects lifecycle from product development to product launch
- Collaborate with colleagues in MRA to share knowledge, provide support and cover for when needed
- Develop content for the PMO team e.g. templates, presentations, documentation for both external and internal use
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. Prince 2, MSP, PMI certification (e.g. PMP®), IPMA certification, certified Scrum Master)
- A strong client focused orientation with the drive and enthusiasm required to achieve results and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strong track record of successful and timely delivery of software projects (experience of the vendor side an advantage)
- Project management experience in a financial services environment or financial software organisation serving financial services (experience related to ESG or climate would be an advantage)
- Experience in managing and working in remote teams
- Experience in managing stakeholder relationships
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex business and technical concepts to a wide audience.
- The ability to actively oversee and manage all Functional Requirements, Functional Specifications, Technical Specifications, Test Plans and User Acceptance Testing for assigned projects.
- Understanding of technical concepts, development techniques, operating systems and database subsystems preferred
- Understanding of environmental regulation and reporting would be beneficial
- Experience of managing data, platforms and databases an advantage
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.