Market Research Associate - Financial Institutions
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Market Research Associate role is housed within the U.S. Financial Institutions Business and Relationship Management (BRM) group based in New York. The candidate will be a key member of the issuer marketing team. This team's principal objective is to generate new rating mandates through consistent and targeted marketing and maintaining relationships with issuers currently rated by Fitch.
• The candidate will support the senior members of the Financial Institutions Team in managing and developing Fitch's existing and new business relationships. Over time, will take an active role in marketing meetings, conferences and interacting with external relationships.
• The role requires a basic understanding of the debt capital markets and ratings business. Some exposure to corporate credit analysis considered helpful. The candidate must have strong analytical capabilities coupled with aspirations to develop marketing acumen longer term.
• The candidate will be responsible for tracking deals in the market, monitoring competitors' ratings, maintaining internal reports and internal databases with company/ target and contacts information. He/she will need to monitor news, debt issuances, refinancing and M&A activities daily, and to look out for Fitch rating opportunities.
• The candidate will be responsible for research, development, marketing materials and email campaigns under guidance from senior members of the team. Individual must be self-sufficient and adept at putting together PowerPoint presentations and working with Excel spreadsheets.
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably with a degree in business, finance, economics, mathematics or analytically focused field of study.
• Self-starter who can understand objectives, work independently and is highly motived.
• Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
• Strong written and verbal communication skills along with analytical aptitude.
• Team oriented, with ability to effectively build relationships
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .