MSS Risk & Controls Analyst (VP)
Risk & Controls Analyst (VP) - Global Booking Controls Overview
The Markets and Securities Services (MSS) business continues to enhance the In-Business Risk and Control function, specifically delivering the next phases in the development of a robust framework of Front Office booking controls including pre-trade, preventative, intraday, end of day, and detective controls; also reporting of MI to senior business management and oversight committees including Legal Entity boards.
Booking Controls focus on what is booked where, and why - ensuring adherence to business, desk and individual trader mandates, and also ensuring the integrity of legal entities in preventing material booking errors. Booking Controls also focus on how a trade is booked - ensuring Front Office bookings are accurate, timely and complete in order to proceed downstream and onwards to internal/external reporting and stakeholder groups.
The role is part of the MSS Front Office organisation and will be a key part of the in-business risk & control team responsible for devising and delivering a multi-phase program of booking controls. This is an exciting opportunity for a practically minded, seasoned professional with an in-depth knowledge of traded products combined with a clear understanding of Front Office trading controls.
Knowledge Experience & Skills
- Engage in the scoping, design and implementation of Booking Control work-streams to ensure a complete, effective and efficient first line control framework across the range of MSS products and systems
- Partner with 1LOD businesses to ensure compliance with relevant Firm policies/standards, also external regulatory expectations and industry standards where relevant
- Lead risk based assessments and gap analyses to review inherent and residual risk associated with trade booking processes
- Partner with Business and stakeholder groups including Technology and Market Risk to design and deliver booking control solutions, both strategically and tactically where required.
- Perform analysis to across large volumes of trade data to run proof of concepts and define effective rules based exception logic
- Implement plans to continuously evolve control framework including ongoing migration of detective controls to become preventative
- Work with Audit and other Control groups to drive forward control enhancement initiatives, and investigate control failures.
- Embed new controls into business and legal entity dashboards and Manager Control Assessments (MCA)
- Ensure that relevant booking control standards and control documentation is kept up to date, and booking practices are considered as businesses introduce new products or changes.
- Relevant industry experience preferred in MSS or ICG in-business management, operational risk, middle office, product control or other relevant control function
- Strong understanding and subject matter expertise in MSS traded products and related control principles.
- Effective negotiation and relationship skills
- A proactive and "no surprises" approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent reviews
- Proven track record in collaboration across different businesses, regions and/or support functions
- Excellent communication skills, often at a senior level
- Global mindset, with regional and global product understanding
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Advanced Excel and strong database analysis/management skills
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .