FP&A- Full Stack Software Engineer- Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
WHO WE ARE The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Founded in 1869, Goldman Sachs has long sustained a commitment to hiring and training outstanding leaders. Our business principles are rooted in integrity, a commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. These values enable us to execute successfully a business strategy that is focused on extraordinary client service and superior long-term financial performance for our shareholders.
We conduct our business in increasingly complex markets. Our people must continually find new ways to provide access to capital, manage risk and provide investment opportunities for our clients to enable them to realize their goals. We judge ourselves on our ability to help clients anticipate and respond to changing market conditions and to create opportunities that merit the trust they place in us. Job Summary & Responsibilities
FP&A Engineering is a part of the Finance division with a mission to transform the organization financially, operationally, and culturally, in order to achieve efficiencies and empower consumers in the business. The team provides innovative platforms and tools which enable senior leaders, CFOs, product owners, finance, management and strategy teams across the firm to analyze their investment structures, drive efficiencies and forecast future changes.
As a full stack engineer, you will help create new businesses, transform financial workflows and build intelligent reporting to drive commercial benefits to the firm. You will explore a world of opportunity to impact one or more aspects of financial planning, budgeting, revenue & expense management and reporting, while working as part of an agile scrum team. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities:
- Experiences with relational/non-relational and bigdata databases while working with large data sets
- Work on micro-services based and event driven architectures.
- Design creative prototypes/proofs of concepts according to business specifications
- Experience encompassing the full SDLC across the entire breadth of the application stack
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing, perform unit and integration testing and troubleshoot and debug applications
- Understand and articulate the functional and technical impact of any change
- Participate in Agile development activities working closely with various stakeholders in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Support application development among a team of people located globally
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science engineering or related disciplines.
- 2+ years of experience as full stack application developer
- Good understanding of Java/J2EE concepts, experience with Spring & ORM frameworks (e.g. Hibernate), caching libraries like (Ehcache, Hazelcast)
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design principles, SDLC, Testing and Code Quality
- Knowledge of Database concepts and able to write basic SQL queries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and working as part of a global team
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Highly motivated and willing to learn and adapt to new technologies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in API management, usage and development
- Experience in Big Data technologies like Spark, HDFS, Hive and in advanced data analysis & scripting in SQL/Java/Python
- Experience with Workflow, ElasticSearch, Enterprise Messaging (Kafka), Caching
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity