The Director, Platform Engineering acts as a leader in Information Technology (IT) and is responsible for contributing to the creation of a large-scale container application deployment.
You will be instrumental in continuing our Container First strategy delivery, bringing expertise in the platform design, development and implementation of large-scale container migration and container deployment projects. The ideal candidate has experience in the large financial organization with a firm grasp of emerging technologies and trends and has the ability to customize these to drive security and efficiency for the enterprise organization. The role requires a talented technologist and a leadership mindset with experience designing and defining engineering processes and best practices to both enhance our container platforms and ensure success in migrating applications and services to the containers.
- Assume full responsibility for the Transformative Container Engineering Area and consistently demonstrate mastery of IT environment (i.e. infrastructure, production, security, data, applications, etc.).
- This leader brings the balance of low latency IT platform management experience coupled with advanced multi datacenter OpenShift deployments on the BareMetal providing stateful container capabilities at the enterprise level.
- Identify, advocate and implement technical solutions that advance our ability to deliver new business capabilities to the market, quickly, securely and in a risk aware manner.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in private and public cloud services across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to senior decision makers within the firm.
- Ensure proper disciplines and controls within the IT environment, as evidenced by strong audits and exams.
- Serve as a “Change Agent” who brings a sense of urgency and can mobilize resources and execute initiatives on time.
- Understand how technology works, bring a passion for technology, know the questions to ask, and be able dig into the details.
- Develop a strong partnership with business line leaders, IT members, and the operations team. Understand the business/process making sure the technology delivery is seamless.
- Communicate technical issues to a non-tech audience and to be an effective bridge from business to technology.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience with managing an IT environment, data, applications, and projects at the enterprise level (i.e. experience with balancing the different factors and competing demands of a multi-faceted, complex IT environment).
- Must understand Container platform design best practices, container security and can adopt and establish site reliability engineering model (SRE) to support the firm’s container adoption journey.
- Experience working in Financial Services is needed, must understand the impact of technical decisions on the platform and application performance and engineer resilient platform solutions for the firm.
- Broad understanding of industry trends across software development / architecture, cloud operating platforms and data.
- Experience with the planning, design and the implementation of a Container Service, preferably with OpenShift.
- Prior Financial Services experience is highly preferred. Alternatively, must have prior experience or appreciation for working in a regulated environment (i.e. financial services, insurance, healthcare, etc.). This includes a track record of successfully partnering with industry regulators.