Director, Commercial Lead for Aladdin Accounting
Description About this role
As we evolve the Aladdin Platform and accelerate our Accounting strategy, the Director, Commercial Lead for Aladdin Accounting will hold accountability for the commercial development of the offering. This includes maintenance of existing client relationships and the identification of new revenue opportunities. This leader will partner with specialists across a cross-functional team - including members of our business development, client relationship, support, product management, and engineering functions.
A successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise in driving the success and commercial performance of an accounting platform. This leader will have enabled the growth of a highly successful business through:
- Engaging with the insurance, corporate, and asset management accounting community
- Developing a successful revenue model
- Striking strategic partnerships
- Leading engagements across the sales lifecycle
This is a highly collaborative role, requiring partnership with global counterparts. This position reports to the General Manager for Aladdin Accounting.
About Aladdin & Aladdin Accounting
Aladdin is our operating system for managing financial portfolios. It unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step of the investment process. Aladdin exists so that every financial professional can see, understand, and act with clarity. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading, and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making. The platform builds a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide.
Aladdin Accounting offers customized investment accounting services to a wide range of global financial institutions. Aladdin Accounting provides flexible solutions to specific client needs, including:
- Data management
- Trade and custody operations
- Derivative operations
- Production of accounting reports in multiple bases (US GAAP, UK GAAP, IFRS, statutory, and tax)
- Comprehensive custodian reconciliation and performance measurement
- Client opportunity: Define the commercial opportunity for Aladdin Accounting in conjunction with our core Aladdin offerings.
- Commercial opportunity: Generate meaningful new revenue through Aladdin Accounting. Lead and navigate complex client engagements. Operate as a go-to-point of contact for Aladdin Accounting to the market.
- Dedication to build: Operate as evangelist within the 1Aladdin organization to develop the Aladdin Accounting business.
- Cross functional engagement: Lead a dedicated, commercially oriented team that is directly focused on capturing revenue.
- Talent development: Develop and retain a robust team, offering ongoing feedback and overall career mentorship. Build the right talent balance by assessing skill sets and by providing ongoing mentoring to the team.
- 1Aladdin & BlackRock engagement: Drive colleague engagement toward the Aladdin Accounting vision.
- 10+ years of experience operating within a technology platform / business.
- Accounting / operations management experience with an asset or insurance manager.
- Experience building accounting products and experiences.
- Outstanding track-record as a platform and general management leader with measurable impacts and tangible achievements.
- Demonstrated breadth of capabilities cover the full scope of business activities and functions that form the role.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence through all levels of an organization, demonstrated through excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and lead high performing teams, operating across a large organization.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Institutional financial services technology experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.