- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Oct 17
Director - Product Strategy
Location: New York, NY, USARole / Responsibilities:
The MIS (Moody's Investors Service) Content Product Strategy team is responsible for managing and growing Moody's Research, Data and Analytics Content business. The Senior Product Strategist will be responsible for managing Moody's Corporates Content business and will work with Managers from across Moody's to deliver against the objectives for the business. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership and vision in developing strategies to grow revenues and manage expenses of content offerings, lead on high profile projects and manage & oversee activities within the team
- Driving all aspects of content offerings including features, pricing, packaging and positioning
- Managing market relationships to ensure in depth customer and market knowledge
- Sourcing and analysing market feedback on Moody's Corporates products and services.
- Defining the product strategy and executing activities related to market introduction of product lines. Set up necessary operational infrastructure to manage the dynamics of product expansion
- Overseeing competitive developments and develop strategic responses
- Maintaining yearly sales forecasts and business plans and monitor performance throughout the year
- Being the Subject matter expert on the Content Products, educating the sales force about products at team meetings and on product roadshows
- Overseeing business plans for new products
- Communicating solutions strategies and financial impact to senior management and key internal stakeholders to obtain buy-in
- Overseeing the content and product development teams consisting of technology and product management resources from specification and development of the new product to roll out and maintenance and co-ordinating implementation of strategies
- Representing Moody's at investor meetings, company- sponsored events and third party conferences.
- Overseeing development/ provision of collateral materials to support customer and market engagement and drive growth
- Monitoring the execution of the solution strategies in coordination with internal departments
- Leading consulting on potential corporate acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships
- MBA and Undergraduate degree (Bachelors) required in business related discipline
- Extensive strategic experience, preferably gained in Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, Investment Management or other Financial Services environment
- Significant experience in marketing, strategic planning or product development
- Strong understanding of global fixed income/ credit markets
- Demonstrable experience of leadership and development;
- Proven ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Experience in managing a team and driving change
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills (including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel)
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.