BNYMellon Investment Management is one of the world's leading investmentmanagement organizations, with approximately $2 trillion in assets undermanagement. Our business encompasses BNY Mellon's affiliated investmentmanagement firms and global distribution companies. Our goal is to buildand deliver investment and wealth management strategies and solutions to meetour clients' needs.
Drawingon deep expertise, we collaborate with our clients to tailor our best ideas andresources to meet their specific requirements. Through our global network wehave developed a significant understanding of local requirements. We prideourselves on providing dedicated service through our teams.
Withextensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment andfinancial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors,corporations, foundations, endowments planned giving programs, advisors,intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY MellonInvestment Management can help our clients reach their goals. The Role :
Reporting to the Head of Investment Management (IM) DataSolutions, the Data Leader will design, lead, and execute BNY Mellon's datastrategy across IM. This is an exceptional opportunity to help spearhead IM'sefforts to modernize its data management and governance processes globally. TheData Leader will serve as liaison between IM and the enterprise Data Strategyteam (which leads data strategy across all of BNY Mellon), as well as betweenIM Center and the affiliated investment management firms within IM. Specificresponsibilities may include (1) defining data strategy and ensuring datapolicy compliance (e.g. roles/responsibilities, metrics, and prioritization)across areas such as data quality, data security, data privacy, and recordsmanagement; (2) overseeing data-related risks and controls in IM's risk andcontrol self-assessments (RCSAs); (3) acting as central point of contact for IMfor enterprise-wide data policies; and (4) as necessary, writing IM-specificdata-related policies and procedures.
The position will sit within the IM Data Solutions team, a small,multi-disciplinary team that is transforming the way information is created,used and communicated within BNY Mellon IM. The group works directly with BNYMellon's IM firms on strategic projects, creating valuable tools and insightsfor decision makers across portfolio management, sales, marketing, and otherkey areas of the business. The Data Leader will be well supported by IM DataSolutions' broad range of domain knowledge, data-related project experience,and technological capability. Responsibilities :
- Establish a data strategy for IM that both integrates with BNY Mellon's enterprise-wide data strategy and accommodates IM-specific requirements (e.g. our multi-affiliate investment firm model and fiduciary duties)
- For all data-related policies (e.g. data quality, data security, data privacy, and records management), define roles and responsibilities, conduct gap analyses, define key metrics, write action plans, and create processes for monitoring and oversight
- Communicate with entities across IM and verify that they understand their data policy-related responsibilities and that proper roles and resources are in place to support them
- Assist IM entities with identification and classification of data-related roles (e.g. Data Owners, Data Quality Stewards, etc.)
- Consider the global nature of BNY Mellon IM and ensure all regionally-specific obligations are met
- Working with Compliance, oversee and provide guidance on data-related risks and controls in IM's risk and control self-assessments (RCSAs)
- Act as the central point of contact for enterprise-wide data policies for IM
- Write IM-specific data policies and operating procedures for IM as a whole as well as specific IM entities
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- BA/BS Degree (advanced degrees and/or CFAs are great too)
- 10+ years general business experience preferred, especially in financial services, asset management, management consulting, or similar environments
- 5+ years preferred of data policy, data governance, risk/compliance, or similar domain experience
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to accomplish goals through others, including employees, peers, and other function/business areas of the company
- Diplomacy as needed to navigate and balance competing requirements from different parts of the company
- Ability to create order out of chaos
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done
- Hands-on data or technical experience a plus, but not required
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York- Internal Jobcode:
Asset Management Organization:
IM Infrastructure-HR14826 Requisition Number: