Credit Risk VP - Insurance
- Maintain and manage a portfolio of credit exposures (including IG and NIG loans, derivatives, cash management products) to Citi's North American clients operating in the Insurance/Reinsurance and Business Development Companies industries.
- Manage transaction deal approval process including preparing credit approval memos in partnership with relationship and product partners and making approval recommendations to senior risk managers. Transactions include acquisition financing, leveraged financing, recapitalizations, derivatives and securitizations.
- Negotiate key credit terms in legal documentation for loans and derivatives.
- Coordinate, Review, approve, and manage annual and quarterly credit reviews
- Be main point of contact for capital markets and Transaction services product partners to assess, review and approved one off transactions exceeding approved limits.
- Co-manage troubled assets with workout colleagues including valuation analysis, amendment approvals and periodic credit reviews
- Assist with special projects including stress testing, portfolio reviews and, internal audits
- Meet with clients and sponsors to conduct due diligence
- Work with risk colleagues on risk mitigation at both inception of transaction and on an ongoing basis
Job Family Group:
- Previous work experience in credit risk management with a large banking institution covering Financial Institutions clients, with a focus on insurance/reinsurance and Business Development Companies.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance, bank and capital markets products and services and ability to model company financial statements
- Experience in structuring credit terms and negotiating legal documentation for capital markets products (ISDA CSA, MRA, MSFTA …), as well as terms in financing (RCF, term loan …) in the insurance space.
- Ability to work within the banks Credit Risk Management framework, policies and procedures
- Proven strong analytical and credit analysis skills with good attention to detail and ability to provide big picture decision making
- Ability to conduct business due diligence and assess a company's strengths and weaknesses and competitive position within its industry
- Independent problem solving skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines created due to business needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present analysis and recommendations in a succinct manner to senior risk managers.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics preferred
- 6 - 8 years credit risk or relevant experience, preferably gained at either Citigroup or at a major financial institution
- An MBA, CPA, CFA or formal Credit Training is a plus.
- Formal credit officer approval authority experience is a plus
Risk Management Job Family:
Credit Decisions Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting