Balance Sheet Solutions and Optimization - Balance Sheet Management Senior Group Manager
Treasury's Balance Sheet Solutions and Optimization ("BSSO") unit's responsibilities cover three key areas:
- Asset Allocation: Leading the analysis of / investment strategy for optimizing Citi's $400bn+ global liquidity portfolios
- Balance Sheet Optimization and Analytics: Identifying and implementing solutions to optimize Citigroup's balance sheet. This function includes driving modeling / analytics to support security portfolio decision making.
- Costing the Balance Sheet: Leading refinements in the design of Citigroup's Transfer Pricing, Liquidity Premium and Capital Allocation frameworks to incentivize optimal use of Citi's financial resources
Within BSSO, the Costing the Balance Sheet teams are responsible for leading large cross functional (i.e. across business, risk and finance) working groups tasked with refining the design of funds transfer pricing and TCE Attribution to closely align the costs and benefits of supplying or utilizing the firm's balance sheet resources. The aim of the process is to isolate the value generated by individual business activities thereby appropriately incentivizing optimization thereof to generate excess returns.
The successful candidate will lead the Tangible Common Equity (TCE) Attribution component of this effort and deliver tools to the businesses to inform decision making. Key Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Lead the "Capital Working Group" to review, socialize, and refine opportunities to enhance the existing TCE Attribution framework
- Forecast and manage attributed TCE to ensure alignment between business activities and the firm's capital goals
- In partnership with Risk, Finance and Business partners, identify opportunities to improve the existing TCE Attribution design, lead the analyses (including financial impacts) and propose solutions to the working group
- Design and lead the implementation of a TCE Attribution dashboard to support a) TCE attribution calculation / forecasting and b) Business information tools to allow 'Self Service' capability
- Engage peers, industry groups and regulators to align TCE management to industry practice and regulatory expectations
- Provide support to business partners to analyze and understand Attributed TCE
- Produce senior management materials to clearly and concisely communicate proposals and their benefits / shortcomings
- Communicate with senior business leaders to garner key stakeholder support both through the Capital Committee and in small groups to socialize and refine proposals
- Partner with other members of the BSSO team on analytical projects, Securities Portfolio Allocation, Capital Policy and Funds Transfer Pricing
- 10+ years of experience working in the finance industry
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in a quantitative-focused discipline from a top tier school; Masters or other relevant advanced qualification would be a plus
- Extensive knowledge of financial instruments including accounting, valuation techniques and risk measurement
- Extensive knowledge of Bank Capital requirements / regulation
- Expert in the use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent problem solving skills with an ability to rapidly assimilate complex information across a variety of financial disciplines
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, with the ability to converse across functions / seniority
- Excellent Influencing skills with the ability to mediate discussions and draw consensus
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across business units / functions to deliver results
- High energy, self-starter with a flexible and pragmatic attitude and a desire to show continued progress
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .