Americas 2021 Investment Bank (Capital Markets & Advisory) Summer Associate Program- New York Latin America
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Change the face of banking. Influence tomorrow. Think differently. Think globally. Welcome every background and every perspective. Join networks that celebrate the individual. Perform in a culture based on diversity and inclusion. Be represented and valued. Wherever you work in the world, be your true self.
Credit Suisse's Latin America Group covers clients throughout South America, Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean. The Group is based in New York and has offices in Bogota, Buenos Aires, Lima, Santiago, Mexico City, Monterrey and Sao Paulo, with close to 80 bankers contributing their product and country expertise. As the region's outstanding M&A, Corporate Debt and Equity advisor, the group provides specialized and creative services to regional and multinational clients. The team is exposed to all industries and products, maintaining an even balance between local and cross-border deals that generate a variety of transactions from multi-billion dollar transactions with international corporations to divestitures of local companies.
Our nine week Investment Bank: Capital Markets & Advisory Summer Associate Program delivers hands-on experience comparable to a first year Associate. Our group specific hiring model will allow you to collaborate and work on deal teams within a particular product or industry group on a broad array of transactions and deals. You will prepare and analyze companies' financial models, assess the impact of a transaction on a client's financial results and capital structure, and participate in due diligence sessions and client presentations/calls. This deal experience will provide access and exposure to internal and external clients resulting in impact and recognition. The groups hiring Summer Associates include:
Training & development
- Financial Institutions Group (New York)
- Financial Sponsors (New York)
- Global Industrials Group (New York)
- Global Energy and Infrastructure Group (New York & Houston)
- Healthcare (New York)
- Latin America (New York & Mexico City)
- Leveraged Finance Origination & Restructuring (New York)
- Los Angeles
- Media & Telecom (New York)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (New York)
- Real Estate (New York)
- Retail & Consumer (New York)
- Technology (New York & San Francisco)
The summer is structured to ensure a balance of work, training, networking, and mentorship. You will attend a week of training followed by group specific and on-the-job training to develop the skillset needed to succeed in the role. To ensure development, you will receive ongoing feedback and an end of summer program review.
In addition to receiving a mentor who will provide guidance and support throughout the summer, we offer a Speaker Series for you to gain access to senior representatives across the division. You will also have the opportunity to expand your internal network through philanthropic and social events. What we are looking for
We are well-known for the diversity of our employees and seek individuals who are:
You Offer Qualifications & how to apply
- Highly motivated and analytical with well-rounded academic achievements and leadership skills
- Innovative and creative problem solvers who achieve significant results
- Collaborative and empower others while also assuming responsibility
- Self-starters with strong communication and listening skills
- Principled and committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior
Application process & deadline
- For our Latin America Associate Programs (New York and Mexico City), you must be proficient in Spanish
- You must be enrolled in a MBA, JD/MBA, or equivalent graduate program with at least three years of prior work experience and graduate by December 2021 or by May/June 2022
- Candidates who require a visa to legally work in the US may be considered
- For consideration, you must submit an application on Credit Suisse’s website
- You may apply and be considered by multiple groups/office locations
- Credit Suisse sponsors a fellowship for women, LGBTQ , Veterans, persons with disabilities, and candidates of Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino and/or Native American descent on a highly selective basis. If you would like to be considered, please indicate this when submitting your 2021 Summer Associate application by the deadline below. There is no separate application process. For more information about the Diversity Fellowship, click here
- You must complete an application for our 2021 Investment Bank: Capital Markets & Advisory Summer Associate Program on our website
Before you apply, please read these important application instructions: Personal information:
- The application deadline for most schools is November 22
- All Americas New York groups except Latin America are included in the New York application. Regional groups and New York Latin America have their own application
- You may apply to multiple groups/programs.
- If you are female, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, of Native American descent, Veterans, LGBTQ, or disabled, you may be considered for our MBA Fellowship on a highly selective basis. There is a question in the application which asks if you’d like to be considered for our MBA Diversity Fellowship; there is no separate application or interview process.
You must include your legal first and last name in your application and profile. There is a separate question for preferred name Group preferences:
You are required to confirm your top choice group(s) as part of your application(s). If you submit multiple applications, you must fill out the group choice questions consistently in each application Education:
Include your MBA or graduate program as your Highest Level of Education and under Education 1 of the Work Experience section. If your school has a grade nondisclosure policy or you would like to exclude your GPA from your application, please input N/A in the field Required attachments:
You are required to upload a resume to your application. Cover Letters are optional; school transcripts and reference letters are not required Diversity Fellowship:
If you are eligible for the fellowship (details above), there is a question in the application which asks if you’d like to be considered for our Diversity Fellowship; there is no separate application Contact:
For all application or recruiting questions, please email email@example.com Credit Suisse Firm Overview
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Founded in 1856 to pioneer the country’s railways and economic expansion, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global effort employing over 48,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we serve our clients through five divisions: Swiss Universal Bank; International Wealth Management; Asia Pacific; and Investment Bank. These divisions are supported by our Corporate Functions, including technology, operations, risk management, compliance and more. We partner across businesses and regions to build innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients—and to help our employees grow. We will invest in your development with ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the new Credit Suisse together.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.