AVP-Corporate Insurance & Risk Management
Job Description Objective:
- Serves as the primary lead for the day to day management of global insurance activities including the corporate insurance program, captive insurance company and mergers & acquisitions due diligence. Provides support to the management of the enterprise risk management process.
- Responsible for the management of the global property, domestic casualty, foreign casualty and management liability insurance programs.
- Oversee the international insurance program, including Business Travel Accident program
- Acts as primary resource for insurance related inquiries from global subsidiaries and affiliates
- Responsible for developing a project management plan for each insurance renewal to ensure timely completion of underwriting submissions
- Monitor broker progress with insurance renewals on a weekly basis from underwriting submission through binding of coverage and premium payment.
- Review renewal quotes including terms, conditions and pricing in development of recommendation to Senior Vice President Corporate Risk Management
- Post-renewal activities include review of binders, invoices, policies and endorsements for accuracy and completeness. Ensures any policy changes are corrected and properly documented.
- Serves as primary contact for contract negotiations in coordination with legal and procurement.
- Facilitates internal and external audits of claims, captive, payroll and risk management department.
- Responsible for providing timely updates of significant management liability claim developments to insurers
- Provide support for the oversight of the Enterprise Risk Management process
Assumes responsibility for Corporate Risk Management department special projects, as needed.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in a business discipline
- 3-5 years insurance and/or risk management experience in a corporate insurance department, global insurance broker or insurance company.
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM) designation a plus.
- Knowledge of administration of corporate insurance program including commercial insurance policies, basic accounting skills, strong electronic spreadsheet skills
- Skilled in reading and interpreting insurance policies and vendor contracts
- Experience in solving problems and identifying improvements for maximizing efficiency
- Able to work self-directed as well as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint at an advanced level
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.