Business Director/Manager, Strategy
+ Hiring difference makers.
☰ Director, Business Manager - Workplace Strategy & Execution 💼 TIAA 📅 Jan 27, 2020 Post Date Apply for Job Share this Job COMPANY OVERVIEW:
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Dir, Business Manager Workplace Strategy & Execution sits within TIAAs Corporate Services team reporting to the Head of Workplace Strategy & Execution. The Workplace Strategy Program is an integral initiative, accountable for transforming the future of how we work at TIAA. The Business Manager will leverage transformation expertise and program management acumen, partnering cross-functionally to ensure firm-wide objectives are met. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
QUALIFICATIONS : Required:
- Develop and implement end-to-end program templates and plans for key office locations in support of TIAAs Workplace Strategy
- Work with workstream leads to define milestones, build detailed project plans, and regularly update status documentation
- Manage program routines, reporting, and escalation procedures
- Partner effectively across key stakeholders and senior leadership to ensure alignment and smooth execution of program deliverables
- Actively manages program plans, resolving risks and issues in a timely manner
- Bachelors Degree required
- 8+ years of project management experience managing enterprise-wide projects and/or office redesign experience
- Experience in location strategy and/or real estate initiatives
- Experience delivering enterprise- wide initiatives
- Ability to travel to other locations as needed
- 8+ years of experience within the Financial Services industry
- Knowledge of and effective relationships with TIAAs executive leadership team
- Established internal network enabling access to leadership and speed to decision making
- Ability to influence others
- Demonstrated experience with defining program/project scope, approach, timelines and deliverables.
- Ability to align stakeholders with different objectives to meet common goals
- Proven leadership abilities including ability to share knowledge, resolve conflicts, and create consensus
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze data, as well as position for effective decision making by cross-functional senior leadership teams
- Self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to support teams of a wide variety of disciplines and backgrounds to achieve results
- Accountable for the delivery of outcomes, strives to meet and exceed program expectations
- Ability to plan and organize self and work in order to achieve objectives and targets
- Attention to detail and sound judgement to elevate risks/issues to keep program on-track
- Demonstrates a proactive and flexible approach to change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, and seeks improvement to current systems
- Demonstrated strength with attention to detail and ability to quickly assess and offer solutions
- Excellent partnership skills and ability to develop effective working relationships with various key stakeholders
- Strong ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities, and appropriately prioritize
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, its our commitment. Read more about the .
If you need assistance applying due to visually or hearing impaired, please email .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© TIAA Careers. All rights reserved. Explore all the opportunities we have to offer
Start your career with us
Help us deliver on our unique mission to serve those who serve others. We'll put your talents and skills to work immediately - no waiting.
We are TIAA. Created to serve. Built to perform. DIVERSITY
We're proud of our diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Explore our career areas to see where you might fit best.
We have opportunities available across the United States and in India.
The overall health of our employees is important to us.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Meet some incredible people making a difference
To mark our 100th year, we're honoring Difference Makers by donating $1 million to the organizations they support. Thousands were nominated, and we want to share their inspiring stories with you. 2019 and prior years, Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America - College Retirement Equities Fund, New York, NY 10017
TIAA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to fostering workforce diversity and inclusion.
Advisory services provided by Advise & Planning Services, a division of TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, a registered investment adviser.