AVP - IT Sourcing - Telecomm & Hardware
AVP - Strategic Sourcing Leader is responsible for developing, implementing and managing the enterprise-wide global strategic relationships with key telecommunications and hardware suppliers. This includes (i) leading cross functional teams through complex sourcing engagements. , (ii) drafting, reviewing and negotiating master services agreements (MSA), order forms/schedules, subscription licenses, and service level agreements ( SLA), where applicable; (iii) interacting with Legal, Information Security, IT Infrastructure and lines of business (LOB) on contractual and other related matters; (iv) implementing procurement and sourcing policies (nationally and globally); and (v) managing the contractual relationships with our key vendors.
• Responsible for overall ownership of Telcom and Hardware sourcing category charters & plans; first point of LOB escalation on complex contracts or issues that are challenging for junior team members.
• Lead and mentor junior members of the team; design, champion, & execute process improvements responsive to the team's identified issues.
• Manage and conduct contractual negotiations; interact directly with key vendors during contract negotiations without supervision, using judgment to escalate issues to management as necessary.
• Mentor, train, and appropriately delegate responsibility to junior members of the team
• Through contractual negotiations, ensure adherence to Moody's risk management process (Security Risk Management, Insurance requirements, Compliance, Audit and other requirements).
• Ensure internal clients understand and use/adhere to established procurement policies and procedures. Directly engage internal clients to drive compliance and if necessary escalate to management if policies and/or procedures are not being followed.
• Design, develop, draft and enforce continually improving policies and/or procedures by working closely with Legal and other controlling functions
• Lead cross-functional teams during contract negotiations.
• Research and analyze market/trends to effectively manage the strategy for the category
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field;
• Preferred: 5+ years of experience in strategic sourcing with a Finance firm
• Strong MS Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint are essential
• Exceptional problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership abilities to work with C level management
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to handle multiple complex concurrent project
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.