Senior Financial Analyst
Conduct business performance analysis, incorporate trend analysis to assess business implications. Focus on analyzing and managing data to support business decisions. May be expected to be the SME/owner of typical data sources. Able to readily access data required to complete a request and support information requests. More independently create, maintain and modify models used in forecasting, planning and decision support. Responsibilities
• Create routine reporting by driving variance analysis - focus on providing business context. Assist in developing commentary around business results. Perform independent analysis using multiple data sources to derive root cause and track benefits of past.
• Develop, enhance and run forecasting/planning models and perform variance analysis.
• Independently develop simple to complex models to forecast the future implication of business decisions. Independently perform postmortem analysis of impact of past business decisions. Coherently review forecasts and analyses with management. Review CBAs (Cost Benefit Analysis) and identify issues to be resolved prior to approval.
• May provide coaching and tactical training to Associate Financial Analyst or trainees/interns. Required Qualifications
• Bachelors degree in finance or a quantitative field (or equivalent).
• 3-5 years of experience.
• Previous experience in financial or analytical role.
• Consistently demonstrates the ability to complete financial modeling tasks and financial analysis using spreadsheets and/or other tools.
• Experience applying accounting and financial concepts to interpret and solve business problems.
• Able to create outputs that support decisions.
• Effective communication skills, with ability to verbally present findings to management.
• Demonstrate basic knowledge of finance, accounting and analytical skills. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience in building relationships that influence and establish credibility across an organization- to business partners, A&R, other finance areas, etc.