SIEM Content Engineer
Who are we looking for:
State Street seeks to recruit SIEM Content Engineer that will create and enhance threat detection use cases to detect cyber threat activity. Join us in evolving our threat management capabilities to shape a pro-active threat intelligence driven fusion model to protect State Street, its customers and partners from the ever evolving and sophisticated global threat actors. Remote work options will be considered for the highly skilled candidates. What will you be responsible for:
What we value:
- Identify, prioritize, implement, test and tune threat detection use cases within the SIEM. Create alerts and reports for Threat Monitoring (SOC) and various stakeholders.
- Partner with Threat Intelligence to align detection strategy with threat model and MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Partner with purple team, various security, risk, IT and business professionals to drive threat detection goals.
- Measure effectiveness and coverage of detection use cases.
- Participate in alert creation in various security controls such as EDR, IDS, Cloud, email gateways, etc. Analyze, influence, and recommend.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience implementing and validating threat detection alerts/reports.
- Knowledge of adversarial tactics, techniques, and procedures - ability to create detective controls.
- Knowledge of cyber threat intelligence.
- Knowledge of IT architecture and operations (computing, network, storage & cloud).
- Knowledge of security control technologies.
- BS in Cyber Security, Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant experience
- +3 years in a cyber security skill role - SIEM Content Engineer, Incident Response, SOC Tier 3 Analyst, Threat Hunter, Penetration testing, etc.
Why this role is important to us
- Financial Services experience a plus.
- Software development and/or scripting experience a plus: Python, Powershell, etc.
- Technical security certifications a plus - GMON, GCDA, GCIH, etc.
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers