Mortage Backed Portfolio Manager
Who we are looking for
A mortgage portfolio manager with the Global Fixed Income team responsible for the active management of the agency MBS sleeve of the core+ portfolio. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
The active mortgage portfolio manager will
• Direct mortgage strategy with the objective of outperforming the Bloomberg Barclays Mortgage Index within the MBS sleeve of the core+ portfolio
• Support MBS alpha generation in other active strategies including global rates, short duration and ultra-short duration portfolios
• Monitor US housing market
• Contribute to asset allocation process including monthly MBS market review & recommendations
• Ensure core+ mortgage positioning is consistent with asset allocation targets
• Engage with client facing teams to service existing clients and new business opportunities as needed.
• Work with internal operating teams to ensure processes and systems are appropriate and continuously improving. What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
• Must possess strong knowledge of TBAs, specified pools and agency CMOs/CMO derivatives.
• Experience with mortgage security selection, relative value and formation of sector views
• Experience with MBS valuation and risk models, such as Yield Book
• Strong presentation skills with internal and external presentation experience.
• Demonstrate integrity and sound/independent judgment within asset allocation framework.
• Successful performance track record.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
• Solid computer literacy and ability to utilize effectively the various portfolio analytics platforms
• Acts independently within established investment policy guidelines. Education & Preferred Qualifications
A Master's degree in finance, economics, mathematics or other business-related field of study and or a CFA are preferred
5+ years of mortgage market experience. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.