Corporate Strategy - Officer
Who we are looking for
As an Officer on the Corporate Strategy team, you will participate in complex strategy projects, working with senior leaders across the organization. Typical projects could include strategy development, analyzing fintech opportunities for partnerships/acquisitions, market entry or exit, market segmentation, product / customer positioning and profitability, and capital investment decisions. Why this role is important to us
State Street's Corporate Strategy Group is focused on providing strategic support and insight across State Street's diverse business lines (e.g., asset management, custody services, data & analytics solutions, FX & treasury) to drive effective decision-making and action by senior management and the Board.
This is a great opportunity to join a very small, high-impact team with direct exposure to State Street's senior management, Management Committee, CEO and the Board. The group has a strong track-record of people migrating from Global Strategy to leadership roles across the firm, and senior management includes many alumni from top management consulting firms.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Officer of Corporate Strategy you will
What we value
- Understand strategic issues faced by the business
- Distill complex information down into clear, actionable insights for senior management
- Propose and design ongoing methods for monitoring the health of the business
- Communicate results and findings to senior management
- Own relationships with key partners
- Engage in "quick hit" deliverables for senior leadership
- Identify business investment needs for purposes of financial planning and subsequent tracking
- Mentor less-experienced team members to develop a collaborative and challenging team environment focused on development and growth
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills
- Strong work-ethic with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, both written and oral, to internal and external audiences
- Excellent critical-thinking skills with ability to structure and solve complex business problems
- Strong communication skills with ability to use experience and analysis to gain support
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities at once, including quick turn-around high priority items
About State Street What we do.
- 2+ years of work experience. With analytical experience in financial services preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers