Accounting Operations Manager
> Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Accounting Operations Manager Job Locations US-MA-Boston Posted Date 1 month ago(8/28/2020 1:36 AM)
Job ID 2020-2548
# of Openings 1
Boston Private is a leading provider of fully integrated wealth management, trust and private banking services. For more than 25 years, Boston Private has taken a highly personalized approach to serving the complex financial needs of individuals, families, business owners, private partnerships, nonprofits and community partners. Boston Private is also an active provider of financing for affordable housing, first-time homebuyers, economic development, social services, community revitalization and small businesses.
Headquartered in Boston, Boston Private has offices across the U.S. including Boston, San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles and South Florida. Private banking and trust services are provided through Boston Private Bank & Trust Company. Wealth management services are provided through Boston Private Wealth LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser and a wholly owned subsidiary of Boston Private Bank & Trust Company.
- Review the daily and monthly reconciliation process for the Bank to ensure completeness and accuracy of the reconciliation department. Work with the Reconciliation Manager to ensure outstanding items are resolved in a timely manner.
- Review and approve the work of the Banks Accounts payable function including the Companys T&E process. Work with the AP Manager to ensure the timely payment of invoices and expense requests.
- Strong technical accounting skills and ability to write e accounting policies and procedures
- Helps maintain the general ledger system, including posting entries, preparing month-end closing entries and generating standard financial reports.
- Oversee preparation of various weekly Federal Reserve reports
- Manages direct reports in the Accounts Payable and Reconciliation areas
- Preparation or review of internal or external reports schedules
- Assist with special projects as needed.
System Administration and Management
- Manage the Companys Reconciliations, AP, and T&E software applications/systems for the Company.
- Provide users training to systems users as required.
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and at least five years of experience in the field or in a related area. Masters degree in Accounting or Finace
- Prior experience in a banking environment, public accounting and/or internal audit preferred.
- Prior experience in managing staff.
- Ability to manage, motivates, and grows staff.
- CPA or CFA preferred with strong technical accounting skills.
- Action Oriented/Results Driven
- Able to collaborate and work effectively across functions
- Team Player/Builds Long-Term Relationships
- Strong Communication skills
- Leads by Example
Boston Private is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS