Senior Manager Audit, Employee Benefit Plans
Requisition #: 51400
Practice Area: Audit
Location: Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Manager Audit, Employee Benefit Plans to join our practice.
- Manage and supervise the execution of external Employee Benefit Plan audit engagements of various clients, including Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registrants, in accordance with relevant regulatory and professional auditing and assurance standards
- Maintain a working knowledge of and research findings regarding accounting literature, trends, and technical issues relevant to the client's industry
- Oversee engagement management, including managing the budget, resourcing strategy, billing and collections, and progress against the plan, timeline, and milestones
- Set the culture for the engagement team and mentor members in their career development
- Build and manage client relationships and accounts, driving the client experience and expanding the client base by identifying and growing current client portfolio
- Understand and utilize KPMG's Audit Methodology' leverage opportunity to work on a complementary service offering within the Center for Audit Solutions
- Minimum of seven years of current and/or recent financial statement audit experience within a public accounting firm with demonstrated supervisory experience, including a minimum of two year of Employee Benefit Plan audit experience
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college/university & licensed CPA in their home office state
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards
- Proven ability to grow client portfolio and meet challenging client requirements while providing exceptional service
- Adhere to the firm's values and code of conduct
- Willingness and ability to travel
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.