Corporate Audit Director - Internal Audit
Description About this role
Internal Audit's primary mission is to provide assurance to the Board of Directors and Executive Management that BlackRock's businesses are well managed and meeting strategic, operational and risk management objectives. The team engages with senior leaders and all of BlackRock's individual business units globally to understand and advise on the risks in their business, evaluate the effectiveness of key processes and design standard methodologies that can improve their results. Our work builds confidence that BlackRock will meet its obligations to clients, shareholders, employees and other partners.
The team includes professionals with trading, sales, risk management, compliance, technology, finance and operational experience. Internal Audit reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
The Audit Director is a member of Internal Audit's Global Leadership Team and is expected to contribute significantly to the planning, process innovation, and project management of assurance and advisory activities of the distributed team. Areas of the business within scope for this role span the entire Company.
This role resides within the Business Audit team.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Overall management and/or leading the timely execution of concurrent audits and projects.
- Business engagement responsibilities with Senior Executives for multiple lines of business and fostering strong relationships with the business.
- Collaborate with Internal Audit leadership to determine audit coverage and approach for designated businesses.
- Senior Internal Audit representative in the Atlanta office.
- Provide controls advisory services to the Company's various businesses.
- Collaborate with the other corporate risk and control functions to ensure activities are coordinated and fully leveraged.
- Identify key control issues and emerging risks, and work with management to ensure timely and effective remediation.
- Provide timely and honest feedback and coaching to staff.
- Assist in the recruiting and development of a high functioning team that will be a training ground for talent.
- Effectively manage resources to optimize productivity, meet training and development needs, and deliver high quality, valuable assurance and advisory services.
- Engagement with relevant regulators, where applicable.
Skills and Experience:
- Broad exposure/experience to audit, risk management, operations, finance and compliance activities is preferred.
- Strong understanding of investment management, trading or capital markets businesses, products or processes.
- Experience developing and maintaining effective working relationships with senior management and external regulators.
- Excellent project management, organizational and presentation skills.
- Experience managing teams of skilled professionals and developing junior talent.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) and interpersonal skills, including strong writing skills, particularly as related to audit reports and management presentations.
- Good understanding of current regulatory and industry events
- CFA, CPA/CA, CRM or similar professional certification is a plus.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, economics, risk management or other business related field is preferred.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.