Market Risk Policy Manager - SVP
The Risk Policy Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of their assigned global and more complex review entities including the execution of Business Monitoring and Reviews in accordance with the Fundamental Credit Review (FCR) Manual.
- Monitor and evaluate portfolios, strategies, and credit risks.
- Assess the effectiveness of credit risk controls of assigned businesses.
- Propose pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues; maintain ongoing contact with an entity through Business Monitoring and corrective action follow-up.
- Develop and maintain the Fundamental Credit Review Plan ("FCRP") document, Sample Rationale Document ("SRD"), and other relevant FCR documents.
- Manage global and more complex FCR Review Entities of consumer portfolios
- Assess quality of assigned portfolios, including identification and evaluation of emerging risks
- Assess effectiveness of the credit risk processes and standards of assigned entities to promote leading practices and identify opportunities for improvements
- Review and assess the appropriateness, completeness and usage trends of the credit risk components of the Risk Appetite framework for the assigned portfolios
- Provide autonomous assessment of the accuracy and appropriateness of risk ratings and classifications of the assigned portfolios
- Assess business/risk staffing models to ensure appropriate resources for assigned entities
- Ensure that Corrective Action Plans for assigned businesses are appropriate, monitored and duly validated addressing concerns resulting from FCR Reviews or Business Monitoring
- Ensure that FCR documents including the Credit Assessment Documents and the Fundamental Credit Review Reports meet quality and consistency standards
- Assists the FCR Region Head on regional and/or global tasks
- Keep FCR senior management informed of any concerns and/or emerging risks that may jeopardize their Review Entities
- Aids Quality Assurance activities as Subject Matter Expert
- Support in-Business Risk to continuously upgrade risk management tools/analytics and processes by provide strategy consulting where appropriate and required by countries and encourage "Best Practices" sharing across the countries in the Region in workshops, meetings and day-to-day processes. When needed, leverage on available expertise in Asia and/or globally.
- Monitor production credit system performance and coordinate with appropriate parties to provide resolution of production problems associated with credit systems as raised by countries in the Region
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years experience in Policies/Analytics/Decision Management
- Thinks and makes decisions in high risk scenarios, appropriately assessing a situation based on available data, experience, intuition, and judgment
- Good project management skills
- Able to interface with various levels of management in Global/Region/Business and across functions
- Knowledge in consumer risk management credit cycle processes and asset product operations
- Maintain effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating Risk issues, strength in sustaining autonomous views
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
#LI-JO1 Job Family Group:
Risk Management Job Family:
Risk Policy Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting