Consumer Credit Risk Policy Group Manager - SVP
Qualifications: Knowledge / Experience:
- Partner with key stakeholders to evaluate and develop Consumer Risk Management Credit Policies (including Standards and Procedures) to address outstanding issues raised by internal risk management and from external regulators, internal & external auditors.
- Coordinate and review proposed changes and any gaps in Consumer Credit Policies for the GCB with In-business Risk teams and Global Consumer Risk Management (GCRM) in Independent Risk.
- Synthesize and prepare final recommendations for changes to policies, presenting for approval following required GCRM and GPO approval processes.
- Ensure recommended changes meet effectiveness and execution readiness requirements, and have appropriate controls prior to publishing.
- Capture and track policy changes, both pending and planned.
- Manage publication of Global Consumer Credit Policy documents, and communicate via GCRM and GPO Bulletins.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for the GCB Credit Policies.
- Respond to Consumer / Retail Lending risk management questions, and provide interpretation, guidance and reference material for risk management related questions.
- Prepare materials for Global Consumer Credit Risk Strategy & Execution Council, and ongoing audits and reviews as required.
- Incorporate Policy awareness and knowledge into learning and development strategies.
- Conduct Special Projects and ad hoc analysis as required
- Ideal candidates will have 8+ years of Risk Management experience in Consumer Lending at a senior level.
- Experience across the full credit life cycle: acquisition, portfolio, loss forecasting, loan loss reserve, collection strategy, and fraud.
- Experience in policy development, strategy development, testing and execution.
- Clear understanding of comprehensive risk assessments in Global Consumer Risk - ie Portfolio Classifications, new Product launches, Policy Exceptions and required Credit Authorities including delegation authority.
- Awareness of credit policies requiring oversight of credit risk activities across the full customer life cycle including Risk Appetite statements, credit and collection strategies, testing activities, benchmarking, credit operating systems & NCL forecasting, CECL, Basel and CCAR methodologies
- Fully conversant in credit policy matters
- Experience conducting portfolio reviews, peer reviews, portfolio audits, and/or regulatory interactions.
- Skilled at analyzing root causes of problems and anticipating emerging issues
- Strong analytic skills, ability to work well under pressure and with exceedingly short deadlines and little supervision or direction - must be self-motivated and eager to engage
- Experience developing and delivering Risk Management presentations to senior leadership
- Advanced writing capabilities
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Strong soft skills - Build and maintain relationships, influence and persuade.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills.
- Methodical and proactive thinker with strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of management (executive presence).
- Strong work ethic and discretion.
- Professionalism & integrity.
- Ability to digest and synthesize disparate data and prioritize and drive results.
- Problem solving, negotiation/influence and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and people management skills.
- Effective communication with senior management across Citigroup.
- Ability to manage projects with minimal guidance.
- Proven time and task management skills with the ability to multi-task effectively and promptly.
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data management/mining.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred and managerial experience
- Undergraduate degree preferred in business, economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, operations research, engineering or similar quantitative fields.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Risk Management Job Family:
Risk Policy Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting