Associate - Abandoned Property Compliance
Description About this role Company Profile:
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions from thorough fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies crafted to gain broad exposure to capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Description:
A new position is being created to support BlackRock's North American Abandoned and Unclaimed Property compliance efforts. The position will be a collaboration between the Technology and Operations Risk and Controls team and Finance Controls team, reporting into R&C with a dotted line to Finance. The individual will responsible with assisting with the oversight and governance of BlackRock's abandoned and unclaimed property process. The individual will work with professionals in Finance, Business Operations and Human Resource to ensure BlackRock is aligning with North American abandoned and unclaimed property requirements. The individual will also be responsible for coordinating projects to improve the process, educate partners on compliance and assist with asset recovery.
A successful candidate will develop strong relationships across BlackRock, develop a broad understanding of abandoned and unclaimed property requirements as well as an understanding of the areas impacted by these requirements, and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Role Responsibility
- Collaborate closely with different teams to document and monitor escheatment status for abandoned and unclaimed assets
- Research items, acquire supporting documentation and connect with external consultants for items due to be escheated to ensure escheatment compliance within organizational deadlines
- Serve as a central point of contact to address questions and concerns from business
- Engage with BlackRock partners to understand and identify key processes and risks within a specific business unit
- Assist partners with special projects to help mitigate risks with compliance
- Assist with the continual improvement of processes among teams to optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and incorporate changes, ensuring procedures are maintained in line with all current practices.
- Assist with developing and or enhancing Abandoned and Unclaimed Property policies and procedures
- Assist with the research and recovery of abandoned property assets
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Finance or Accounting preferred and at least 3 years of experience in Finance, Audit or other Risk Function
- Basic understanding of abandoned and unclaimed property requirements preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with Excel and Outlook proficiency
- Demonstrates risk, project management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage several priorities successfully within a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to explore process efficiencies and improvements
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.