Senior Cloud Engineer - VP
Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) provides the products and services that enable Citi's workforce, along with the majority of the financial solutions that Citi's customers rely on. We provide the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations through the infrastructure that runs business and general user computing services. We do this by working as one-team to deliver high quality, reliable and modern infrastructure technologies at the right cost. We drive to optimize the functionality and capability of the infrastructure technologies.
In CTI, we are focused on delivering the best for our clients, and we know that to do this we need a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills. You will join a team of cloud engineers you will help to shape our strategy and implement necessary technology to enable Citi's application to use public commercial cloud vendors. Working in close partnership with engineering leads of other relevant disciplines (storage networking security…) you will leverage your extensive hand-on implementation knowledge of cloud-native technologies to ensure our solution is secure agile and is delivering business benefit to our clients. You will bring a fresh perspective on how a legacy-free cloud-native environment should look like and be knowledgeable in all segments from hardware selection operating system and virtualization layer to cloud management tooling monitoring and orchestration and with some exposure to application deployment and testing in the cloud. Given unique challenges in the financial services some exposure to regulated industries (finance health government) would be beneficial. Qualifications:
- 3+ years engineering Cloud solutions (AWS and GCP)
- You have familiarity and demonstrated experience of the specialist infrastructure technology domain in an enterprise environment. Your technical proficiency includes systems experience, strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, and issue management in a multi-platform environment
- You have project experience migrating and deploying solutions in the applicable area of technical knowledge/expertise
- You have excellent social and organizational skills, able to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and changing priorities
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to influence manage and articulate clearly to project stakeholders and senior management
- You have a positive, do what it takes attitude to drive success
- Providing a great experience to your internal customers is important to you.
- 6+ years of thorough knowledge of most widely used AWS and K8s services.
- Experience in designing and building DevOps automation solutions , good understanding of related toolsets
- Deep understanding of DevOps processes and methodologies, including source control best practices in Git and Test Driven Development (TDD). GitOps principle experience would be considered as bonus.
- Strong experience in CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure as code (Terraform/ CloudFormation) as well as deep understand of software code development and deployment procedures is required.
- Experience in SRE model , ability to define and engineer SLO/SLI in complex cloud environment
- Hands-on expertise in development and deployment of code over public clouds and container environments.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, while collaborating cross-functionally with partner security, operations, and infrastructure teams
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Technology Job Family:
Infrastructure Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting