Join the SEC's Office of Public Affairs!
The Digital Media Communication Specialist position is located in the Office of Public Affairs located in Washington, DC.
If selected, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for communicating the agency's work internally and externally, delivering data and other digital information to the general public, market participants and other stakeholders.
- Leading internal and external promotion of digital communication strategies and standards to build awareness, understanding and support for SEC strategic goals.
- Identifying and directing the effective deployment of web-based solutions and products for internal and external audiences that communicate the Commission's mission and actions.
- Ensuring that all informational materials distributed via the Commission's web sites and social media outlets are consistently branded in a manner that advances the Commission's mission and are easily understood by a diverse audience.
- Developing, implementing, and overseeing strategic and effective internal and external digital communications strategies, which are developed with an advanced understanding of UX and usability principles.
- Champions the use of analytics across the SEC's digital platforms, based on an advanced understanding of digital analytics programs.
- Creating and producing analysis reports regarding trends, preferences and other information on the effectiveness of Commission's digital efforts to engage with staff and external parties.
- Demonstrating a high degree of initiative, originality, and creativity in order to implement digital communications goals for a complex organization.
- Partnering with Commission's staff and management to design and execute online modes of communication that advance knowledge of the Commission's mission and actions.
- Delivering succinct presentations and briefings to a variety of audiences and maintaining a high degree of rapport with SEC executive leadership and management.
- Implementing social media communications strategies that increase public understanding of and engagement with an organization's mission and actions.
- Providing written communication for web pages, social media and other interactive, digital media that is grammatically correct, concise, and consistent for a digital audience that advances the SEC's engagement with its constituencies.
- Providing expert analysis, advice and guidance to multiple stakeholders to succeed in implementing an organization's digital communications strategies and programs. Handling a high volume of deadlines and work and competing priorities.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT:
SK-16: Applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS/SK-14 level. Specialized experience includes all of the following:
- Overseeing the development and deployment of digital platforms, services and content for an enterprise's internal and external communications, which includes creating strategic goals for development and use of virtual events, livestreaming and social media platforms;
- Analyzing existing and emerging processes, procedures, and tools to assess the effectiveness of internal and external communications;
- Researching and composing effective written and video communications for internal and external audiences that achieve agency goals for virtual events, web pages, social media and other interactive, digital media;
- Developing and advocating best practices for leveraging of virtual platforms, web design and other mobile and online communications standards; and
- Developing communication strategies for change management, operational effectiveness, channel optimization and employee engagement.
- If selected for an interview, you will be required to submit a portfolio of digital content created and digital media writing samples.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.