This position is available at either locations - Greenwich, CT or New York, NY Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 42 years and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
We are looking for a Python Developer with good knowledge and ability to communicate effectively understanding complex problems and explain their solution. The position is well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines, follow written procedures, and collaborate for improvements. You will be part of:
The market surveillance group, you will help develop reports, interact with analysts to refine business requirements, and create infrastructure systems to supply business data to the market surveillance system. You will be responsible to:
You are someone who will have:
- Take ownership of internal user issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Optimize and extend existing trade and AML surveillance reports
- Build infrastructure services to support our market surveillance system
- Resolve bugs by examining log output and testing
- Use a git/gerrit workflow for code versioning and review
- Participate in code reviews
Good to Haves:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, or related degree
- 1-3 years of experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience with python as a primary language (non-scripting)
- Understanding of databases and SQL
- High attention to detail
Benefits to work with us:
- Fluency in python with multiple years of professional experience
- Knowledge of software design and experience in applying it to python projects
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with pandas/numpy/scipy
- Experience with data engineering
- Knowledge of finance
- Knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience with elasticsearch/kafka
- Understanding of RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of Java or C++
Company Overview Interactive Brokers
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus, and stock grant
- Retirement plan (401K) with company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off along and generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities with Udemy
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees. (if hyperlink is deactivated please copy https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 to your browser)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info