Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fin-tech space for over 42 years and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with good technical knowledge and ability to communicate effectively understanding complex problems and explain their solution. The position is well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines, follow written procedures. You will be part of:
A new Brokerage Operations team that will work closely with developers helping them with the day to day operations. As part of this team, you will build or use tools to collect and analyze data that will help understand the quality of services and debug operational related issues You will be responsible to:
You are someone who will have:
- Implement tools to scale applications written in various languages (Java, C++, etc), setup alerts and monitoring.
- Help the brokerage software development teams with reviewing and collecting information related to operational issues.
- Review and document complex projects with many stakeholders.
- Research and deploy new technologies to drive innovation and continuous improvement at IBKR
Good to have:
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher), in Computer Science or any STEM-related discipline.
- 5 years of experience in Java, C/C++, Python and/or shell scripting.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems, especially Red Hat distributions.
- Experience configuring, deploying, monitoring, and supporting Java and Python applications
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems, especially Git.
- Self-starter attitude that is comfortable working both independently and collaborating with your team.
Benefits to work with us:
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- A systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan (401K) with company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off along and generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities with Udemy
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 ) For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info