Tax Support Specialist
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Tax Support Specialist will provide administrative support and entry level non-technical tax support for certain indirect tax items. This position will support the high performing Tax team with a demanding workload. The administrative responsibilities include maintaining the department calendar, maintaining and organizing the department file room, preparation of certified tax mailings, scheduling appointments / coordinating meetings, booking travel and ordering department supplies. The junior-level tax responsibilities include analysis of invoices for determination of sales/use tax implications, preparation of property tax rendition forms, preparation and filing of foreign bank account forms and other non-technical tax responsibilities. Essential Responsibilities:
(including the following, other duties may be assigned)
Position Requirements: Qualifications:
- Relieve management of administrative details and assist team with non-technical tax items.
- Manage and maintain department calendar, filing due date schedule, and off-site file storage accurately and routinely.
- Responsible for the maintenance and organization of department file room including: filing documents accurately, creating new files, and coordinating storage of all old files.
- Prepare all certified tax mailings including routine delivery to local post office.
- Analyzing monthly invoices for Sales and Use Tax analysis.
- Preparation of Property Tax Rendition Forms annually.
- Coordinate with employees across the firm as well as foreign bookkeepers to prepare and file Individual Foreign Bank Reporting Forms annually.
- Responsible for running financial statements for all entities monthly.
- Run reports in SAP accounting system.
- Coordinate check requests and wire transfers with the Treasury department.
- Schedule appointments and coordinate meetings including department events.
- Arrange travel interties including: air and ground transportation, and hotel accommodations.
- Prepare and complete expense reports.
- Manage department calendar including tracking PTO.
- Maintain correspondences, organization chart, and other records for department.
- Maintain and order office supplies for department.
Education and/or Experience:
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to prioritize workload, thrive in a team environment and work independently to accomplish tasks.
- Flexible, collaborative, process-oriented, and provide excellent customer service.
- Possess strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with all levels of employees in written and verbal communications.
- Possess strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and ownership.
- Strong commitment to producing quality work to ensure work is completed accurately and on time.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum of three years of either administrative assistance or tax experience.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office