2021 MBA Portfolio Manager, Asset Allocation - US
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Portfolio Management, Asset Allocation
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for developing, presenting and executing specific trades in Asset Allocation portfolios that are part of our overall investment strategy. The most important function of this role is to maximize return consistent with client objectives. This candidate must have multi-asset or asset allocation experience in either a portfolio management, strategy, and/or trading. Other functions of this role include:
- Developing, presenting and executing thoughtful trading strategies to achieve specific objectives and/or recommend alternative strategies in order to optimize investment performance over the long run.
- Preparing daily research notes and frequent market updates on news and trading levels
- Participating in the development of the firm's short and long-term financial forecasts, as well as the strategies on which they are based
- Supporting lead portfolio managers on client requests, product presentations and semi-annual publications
- Liaison with trading assistants to trade new positions and monitor existing portfolio positions
- Understand rationale of trading positions and meticulously monitor portfolio with recommendations to lead Portfolio Manager of how to optimize portfolio
- Supporting account managers by updating existing account base on market conditions, philosophy, process and performance
Positions are located in Newport Beach, CA.
Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every new Investment Professional begins their career with a rigorous formal training program in our Newport Beach headquarters. PIMCO Fundamentals will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed - whatever your role in the firm. Your informal training will continue throughout your career at PIMCO - everyday, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional(s) who offers guidance and mentorship through the early stages of your career. Position Requirements: Desired candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Background in asset allocation, or multi-asset investing
- Outstanding analytical and mathematical skills
- Experience preparing large data sets from multiple sources. Able to query relational data sets using SQL.
- Comfortable with enhancing and/or learning programming skills in Python.
- The ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Well-organized, high-energy, self-starter, focused, goal-oriented, accountable, results-driven
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Enjoy working collaboratively across the organization in a team environment, including senior level management
- Desire to make contributions and grow with the organization through a variety of developmental/promotional assignments (the nature of which will be based on available opportunities and actual performance in the current role)
- MBA or Masters degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or a related, quantitative/analytical field from an accredited, leading business school or university, completion expected between Dec 2020 - June 2021
- Preference for candidates whose field of study provides exposure to finance/capital markets, econometrics, applied mathematics, or whose business experience and knowledge is aligned with the position
- Minimum of two (2) years of successful experience in the macro asset allocation space at a prominent buy-side or sell-side institution.
- Fluent in English
• Submit your resume and cover to the PIMCO Career portal via this portal. We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply as soon as possible.