The purpose of the role is to provide risk oversight of the pensions administration business in the UK. This role needs to ensure that risks are managed in line with risk appetite, issues are resolved satisfactorily and risk frameworks are embedded and complied with
The UK Risk team contributes to the development of Fidelity International's business and to the protection of its clients, end-investors and business interests. The team provides proactive and high quality risk support and oversight to the UK business which includes the provision of risk solutions, training and education, challenge, assurance and reporting of risk.
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the role is to provide risk oversight of the pensions administration business in the UK. This role needs to ensure that risks are managed in line with risk appetite, issues are resolved satisfactorily and risk frameworks are embedded and complied with.
The role holder will be responsible for risk related matters in relation to the FIL Life legal entity which will include an active contribution to the ORSA risk and capital process and any regulatory disclosures required under Solvency II. It will work closely with colleagues in FIL Group Risk Management and with other Oversight functions across the matrix of functions that support the UK business.
This role offers the opportunity to learn and develop risk management skills in a fast-paced environment, with exposure to all areas of the UK business and to the global functions that support it. The successful candidate will be inquisitive and have good communication skills, making them willing and able to challenge existing practices constructively. He or she will have the ability to work within teams to provide risk insight and support the business in managing risks.
- Be an effective risk partner to the designated business and coordinate all risk activities, with particular focus on DC Pension administration. Provide risk insight and help the business to fully understand their risk profile.
- Drive the business to develop and maintain a proactive and open risk culture.
- Proactively challenge existing practices and recommend risk solutions carried out on behalf of the UK legal entities, in consideration of good customer journeys and outcomes.
- Identify, assess, manage and report emerging risks to the UK Business and the Boards. Lead risk assessment and scenario planning exercises and ensure that these are carried out on a regular basis, are insightful, forward-looking and actionable.
- Embed Group-wide risk management frameworks and systems within the business. Drive continuous improvement and excellence.
- Establish good working relationships with the Risk team and other oversight functions of the Irish entity.
- Provide leadership when major incident and events occur and ensure that appropriate escalation takes place and mitigation activities are actioned.
- Provide risk management training and education to increase risk awareness in the business.
- Carry out risk-based reviews and provide assurance to the business that current processes are operating as intended and in line with risk appetite. Where control weaknesses or adverse customer journeys are identified recommend mitigation actions.
- Continuously improve risk monitoring and reporting to key stakeholders and committees.
- Support the business in prioritisation decisions.
Experience and Qualifications Required
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in governance and oversight roles in Risk, Compliance or Audit, preferably in financial services.
- Operational experience in a pensions business is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Data analytics skills will be advantageous.
- An ability to work under pressure, both individually and in collaboration with others.
- A dedication to delivering high quality standards and client satisfaction.