We currently have 2 contract opportunities for Actuaries. We are fully equipped to recruit and onboard employees remotely.
This role sits within the Actuarial Valuation Policyholder team within the wider M&G Finance Reporting team. The role holder will be expected to contribute to supporting the financial strength of the business by successfully balancing the competing demands of commerciality and prudence in a well governed and controlled environment.
In addition, the role holder will be expected to contribute to the creation of an agile team which is responsive to changing market conditions and customer requirements and the delivery of efficient and optimised processes.
This role requires a qualified actuary who has practical experience of Solvency II and IFRS financial reporting, ideally for with-profits business.
The focus of the role is that of a technical specialist at this level that will either be taking accountability for components of a complex process or designing and developing new or improved solutions to meet business objectives.
This is a 6 month FTC/secondment opportunity.
- Produce and be accountable for the technical accuracy of financial information to support the production of actuarial analysis and reports
- Provide specialist technical advice and guidance on the application of actuarial principles and tools to support business objectives, coaching and guiding less experienced members of the team
- Develop an understanding of the management of the policyholder balance sheet
- Develop a deep knowledge of the business through the financial reporting and ongoing solvency monitoring
- Develop an understanding of how the commercial and regulatory environment impacts the company’s solvency position
- Work with colleagues across with other areas within Finance and Risk to support delivery of financial reporting in line with regulatory deadlines
- Deliver and develop the analysis and reporting of valuation results; working closely with the Shareholder valuation team to ensure results are well-explained and accurately communicated to senior stakeholders
- Provide technical expertise to design technical solutions as part of change projects within M&G Plc where required.
You will have:
- Excellent technical actuarial knowledge, with attention to detail
- Motivated and willing to take responsibility and ownership of the work assigned
- Demonstrable experience of problem solving and providing practical solutions to complex problems
- Commercial aptitude and the ability to consider the impact of decisions
- Strong commercial and collaboration skills
- Ability to express own viewpoint and to communicate clearly on complex actuarial issue
- Knowledge of the business and/ or with-profits Solvency II and/ or IFRS financial reporting experience would be an advantage, however on-the-job training will be provided to successful candidate
Work Level: Experienced Colleague
Recruiter: Emma Pryde
Closing Date: 30th October 2020