The HR Direct Coordinator sits in the HR Direct team, part of the HR Service Centre. The HR Direct team are the front line for HR, supporting all general HR queries and operating a triage service for queries and support. The role is responsible for delivering exceptional, efficient and quality service to all customers being the first point of contact for the resolution of employee and manager queries. The HR Direct team are responsible for providing HR related advice and guidance to all Quilter employees and managers handling inquiries via phone, email, case management and all HR portals and channels.
The Quilter Group is a leading provider of advice, investments and wealth management, with a portfolio of £118.7 billion of investments on behalf of over 900,000 customers worldwide (as at October 2019). Our focus is on creating prosperity for the generations of today and tomorrow by providing financial solutions for investors around the globe, and we operate primarily in two main segments – Advice & Wealth Management and Wealth Platforms. You won’t just find diverse, talented and friendly teams here. You’ll also discover an inclusive culture and every opportunity for personal and professional development.
About the role
Key responsibilities and scope of the role:
- Serve as first point-of-contact for HR queries from line managers and colleagues - providing accurate and timely information, advice and guidance relating to HR policies, processes and issues.
- Where required, conduct research to find answers to questions, in liaison with HR CoE’s as required
- For complex queries which require detailed CoE knowledge refer to the HR CoE specialist
- Liaise with the employment relations (ER) team if the query relates to an existing case of if the query requires specialist ER advice
- Provide dashboards, logs and reports containing data and analytics to the Head of Function
- Ensure that Quilter knowledge bank is continuously reviewed and updated in line with policy and legislation changes
- Use MI and stats to make continuous improvements to the knowledge bank to ensure that it remains fit for purpose, continually providing a customer focused and informative sight for all employees
- Keep track of emails / communication / ensure the case management system is up to date with all actions and ensure cases are closed out in a timely manner.
- Maintain excellent customer service behaviour. Manage own workload and prioritise tasks to ensure customers receive a good outcome from all queries
Key Behavioural Skills:
- Able to operate effectively & proactively in a “client-oriented” service environment
- Have customer outcomes at the forefront of everything
- Ability to use appropriate judgment in involving the next level (escalation) or other resources in decision making or processing
- Have exceptional organisational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to manage high workloads & conflicting priorities
- Ability to meet fluctuating deadlines at short notice and willing to be flexible to reach deadlines
- Drive and enthusiasm to succeed and improve
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of working in an HR function is required (2 year minimum)
- Strong Administrative and stakeholder service skills are required
- Experience of working on multiple projects
- Experience of prioritising high volumes of work and providing a flawless delivery to
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why we offer a competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create.
Holiday: 26 days
Quilter Incentive Scheme: All employees are eligible to participate in our incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it
Pension Scheme: 10% non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Benefit Allowance: A cash benefit allowance is payable in lieu of some of our core benefits
In addition to our core benefits we offer a range of flexible benefits that you can choose from and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction.
At Quilter, we're committed to creating an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and make sure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based purely on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.