Senior Cybersecurity Analyst
Job Description Moody's Information Risk & Security is looking for a Senior Cybersecurity Analyst to join its growing organization. This position requires a strong technical background in Information Security practice, deep knowledge of IT Security Forensics and Investigations, Anti-Malware and Advanced Threat Protection solutions, and solid communication and organizational skills. The successful candidate is very motivated and willing to take on challenges, able to multi-task to succeed and has the ability work independently and with minimal oversight.
The Moody's Information Risk & Security team is responsible for helping the organization balance risk by aligning policies and procedures with Moody's business requirements. The team is responsible for the development, enforcement and monitoring of security controls, policies and procedures, and for the delivery of security services. The Information Risk & Security team sets strategic direction for security within the organization and aligns with stakeholders throughout the company.
The Senior Cybersecurity Analyst will be responsible for handling, and escalation of, incidents which require highly technical analysis, such as network intrusions and advanced malware infections which have been identified by the Information Risk & Security team. Functional Responsibilities
- Analyze, correlate and action on data from subscription and public cyber intelligence services, develop tactics to combat future threats, and invoke the Incident Response Plan if necessary.
- Provide timely review of security alerts originating from any source, including managed security services, internal tools, and internal or external reporting.
- Analyze and respond to security events in alignment with the Incident Response Plan and its procedures.
- Perform forensic review of systems in response to incidents or investigations, providing timely and complete reports to management.
- Keep abreast of current security threats, events, technologies, vendors and other aspects of the cyber threat landscape. Propose changes or enhancements to our security posture where appropriate.
- Investigate security incidents and events, using SIEM and other tools; collect evidence and work with teams to isolate and/or remediate as necessary.
- Communicate and escalate incidents to management in accordance with the Incident Response Plan.
- Work with third party security monitoring firms to research and respond to incidents.
- Monitor security tools alerts for anomalous or suspicious activity; research alerts and make recommendations to remediate concerns.
- Respond to Electronic Discovery requests in a timely and accurate manner, as requested by the Human Resources, Legal and Compliance teams. .
Minimum education and work experience required for this position include:
- At least 5 years of IT industry experience, preferably in a financial services organization.
- Minimum of 3 recent years direct incident management/handling.
- Security Incident Response tools knowledge
- Experience in cyber incident handling
- Networking fundamentals including network forensics.
- Anti-Malware and Advanced Threat Protection solutions.
- Electronic Discovery (E-Discovery).
- Endpoint Security.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with SIEM technologies and other forensics, evidence collection, and incident remediation tools.
- Knowledge of regular expressions and at least one common scripting language (e.g. PERL, Python, PowerShell).
- BS or BA degree, preferably in technology.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.