UK Product Manager
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
The Product Manager's primary role is to manage the product-related activities in support of the UK region distribution channel. The role involves development and management responsibilities for the UK based product vehicles.
Acting with a high degree of autonomy, and consistent with TRP's global aims, the Product Manager is responsible for the design, creation and development of investment fund structures for investors in the UK, as well as the development and ongoing maintenance of the existing structures.
Reporting to the Head of UK Product Management the role involves working in close partnership with the UK Distribution team, Asset Class Product Managers and other Product Management teams as well as the other functions such as Legal, Compliance, Client Operations under the direction of the UK Management and Fund Boards. Product Development
- involves development and implementation of new UK based products ensuring the new products are optimal from legal, operational, sales and marketing and, above all, client perspective. Product Management
- involves development and implementation of product enhancements to the existing UK based fund structures to ensure they are "fit for purpose" whilst ensuring they remain optimal from legal, operational, sales and marketing and, above all, client perspective. Ensuring that all UK product structures remain compliant with applicable laws and guidance, and that TRP's UK, domiciled investment funds operate to the high standards established within the T. Rowe Price Group. Principal Responsibilities
CANDIDATE SPECIFICAION: KEY SELECTION CRITERIA AND IDEAL EXPERIENCE
- Work in collaboration with the UK and wider EMEA business and global product colleagues to support the development and implementation of the UK product strategy including a framework for continually assessing market demand, competitive landscape (including key product features & pricing) for current and new products
- Proactive research and development of new and existing products to optimize investor access/experience and
- Reaction to / anticipation of changes in regulation, taxation, market practice, other innovation etc., in order to maintain fund vehicle competitiveness and compliance.
- Acting as the UK product vehicle expert to the Distribution teams, as well as other parts of the TRP organization.
- Oversight of the TRP UK domiciled product structures in collaboration most notably with the Legal team as well as the Risk, Compliance and Operational oversight functions.
- Exploration of opportunities to enhance the services and functionality provided to the UK vehicles as well as ensuring continued 'value for money' on behalf of investors.
- To be responsible and further develop the UK Product Development and Management procedures and runbooks
OTHER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Proven experience in UK product management & development roles
- Comprehensive knowledge of the UK investment funds industry, market, regulation and business environment
- Detailed knowledge of available and future UK product vehicles/wrappers including for example OEIC & Unit Trust structures structured as UCITS and NURS.
- Proven ability to help design and launch appropriate investment strategies within UK product wrappers to meet UK investors' demands
- Deep understanding of product development and management processes and practices together with a sound knowledge of operational and regulatory frameworks and how they relate to "best practice" product governance in a UK context
- Strong communication and project management skills and experienced at building relationships across functions and with senior management including Fund Boards
- Unassailable ethics and integrity with a straightforward, honest and agenda free approach
- Composed, self-confident and polished with an ability to project credibility
- Professional curiosity to identify and drive new ideas of opportunity and an ability to tenaciously pursue problem resolutions
- Strong communication and project management skills, demonstrating the ability to deal with people at all levels of the organization and implement initiatives effectively
- Able to prioritize effectively and think laterally and strong problem-solving ability
Able to build strong, lasting relationships at all levels within the business unit, across various business units
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.