Trainee Client Assets Controller - Corporate Finance / Accounting London
Description of the Business Line or Department
DFIN/EUW are Financial Departments responsible by management, accounting and tax information, accountable for the correct application for GBIS activities of accounting, prudential, tax and valuation norms (head-office and local). The Client Assets Team is part of DFIN focusing on client assets protection.
The Client Assets Team is responsible for the oversight of the client assets and adequacy of systems and control to ensure compliance with the FCA CASS Sourcebook. The team is currently focused on Societe Generale International Limited compliance and the post Brexit readiness for the CASS requirements applying to Societe Generale London Branch (SGLB). This role will support the ongoing CASS compliance requirements for SGLB leading up to and post SGLB's Third Country Branch authorisation. Summary of the key purposes of the role
• Providing assistance to support the SGLB compliance with the FCA's CASS requirements.
• Developing CASS governance & oversight MI as part of control framework for SGLB.
• Assisting with the production of MI for Management and the Client Assets Oversight Committee.
• Assisting in maintaining CASS rules, risk & controls mapping and attestations processes.
• Assisting in maintenance and update of CASS policies and procedure documents.
• Execution of daily, weekly, and monthly CASS controls within the SGLB CASS Central Team remit. Summary of responsibilities
Assisting with the SGLB CASS Brexit implementation tasks, including:
• Assisting in the delivery of the implementation of CASS controls within the Central Team and the business
• Assisting in the testing and parallel run over CASS controls implemented
• Assisting in updating the CASS rules, risk & controls mapping as a result of the implementation
• Assisting in developing additional management information for the SGLB Client Assets Oversight Committee (CAOC)
• Assisting in production of CASS Policy & Procedure documentation
• Assisting in developing CASS governance & oversight framework for SGLB
• Supporting the provision of requirements and responses to assurance or compliance reviews as it relates to SGLB CASS Brexit implementation of controls
BAU tasks once the initial framework is set up:
• Performing daily, weekly, and monthly controls under the SGLB CASS Central Team responsibilities
• Assist with maintaining the SGLB CASS rules, risk & controls mapping
• Performing periodic review of tasks required by the CASS requirements
• Assist with producing management information required for Management and SGLB CAOC
• Assist with management of issues and breach management process
• Assisting with information requests arising from compliance reviews, internal audits and external audits.
• Assisting with designing, coordination and delivery of CASS training Level of Autonomy and Authority
The ability to understand different business models and their CASS implications to identify any gaps and / or issues, and provide recommendations to the Head of Client Assets. Profile Required Competencies
Management Skills: Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across a complex organisation, based on different geographical locations to deliver results.
Market Skills: Appreciation of aspects of different business models in financial services.
Regulatory Skills: Strong desire to gain understanding of CASS requirements.
Personal Skills: Taking initiative and responsibility in delivering outcomes
Organisational Skills: Ability to work independently on multiple and competing tasks at the same time
Communication Skills: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate well with all levels of a diverse range of staff.
• Keenness to learn.
• Assertive, self-confident, self-motivated and determined to achieve personal and team goals.
• Possesses a proactive and solution-orientated attitude. Why Join Us
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different. Business Insight
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000MWZ
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 21/12/2020
Date of publication: 16/10/2020
Trainee Client Assets Controller
Fixed term contract | London | Corporate Finance / Accounting