Cerulli Associates (CA) is a global research and consulting firm specializing in product and distribution analysis for the global asset management industry. Since 1992, we have blended primary research and data analysis to bring perspective to current market conditions and forecasts for future developments. With a suite of research publications, an interactive data platform, and custom research and consulting offerings, we provide financial services firms with unparalleled guidance in strategic positioning and new business development.
Headquartered in Boston, Cerulli has regional offices in London and Singapore. Our clients include virtually all of the top 50 global asset management firms, as well as industry service providers, management consulting companies, banks, broker/dealers, insurance companies, investment consulting firms, and private equity firms.
This is a dual role as both Survey Analyst and analyst support. As Survey Analyst, the role is at the heart of Cerulli’s primary research and supports the Institutional and Retail Practice areas in administrating recurring online surveys. Findings serve as the quantitative foundation for our published research. The role requires daily interaction with, external research partners, with analysts across Cerulli’s European practices, frequent interaction with Editorial and International and sporadic interaction with Marketing.
The role also directly supports research analysts and their research processes. This includes data gathering, analysis, chart assembly, and providing qualitative support when appropriate. This role includes interaction with survey participants at Cerulli clients. In addition, this position may be called on to support consulting projects on an as-needed basis.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with all Analysts to develop surveys
- Design surveys and post to our survey engine
- Finalize surveys (includes branching, formatting, setting response quotas, etc.)
- Coordinate and improve upon our internal survey processes, including documentation and training
- Provide backup support for surveys generated in other regions
- Work with Analysts to gather survey responses and ensure survey completion in a timely manner.
- “Close out” all surveys and download data
- Prepare data for analysis (includes sorting, text file translation, basic segmentation, calculations, clean up, etc.)
- Field participant concerns and questions via phone and email
- Work with external programmers to resolve issues with survey engine or internal process system
- Communicate with external survey participants and clients when survey issues arise
- Prepare benchmarking reports for participants in Tableau dashboard software
- Format data for inclusion in reports
- Interact with Relationship Manager and Analysts to ensure timely and accurate distribution of reports
- Assist with management and collection of research data from various sources
- Develop the skills needed to provide qualitative support to the two practice areas, including writing about key trends
- Work with individual practices on an as-needed basis
- Support consulting projects across all practices as necessary
- From graduate to up to 1 year of experience of market research and survey design experience, with very strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience collaborating with team-members in a high-throughput and deadline-driven environment
- Experience with online survey platforms and experience understanding and interpreting survey data, is a plus
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Experience using Tableau and Qualtrics is advantageous
- Ability to multi-task and to change course quickly as needed
- Experience with financial services, particularly asset management, is a plus
- Strong project and time management skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Capacity to respond productively to feedback and make ongoing improvements to approach and process
- Must be eligible to work in the UK