Software Engineering Lead
Want to work in the best program at JPMC? We're building a web scale platform that touches the largest enterprises on the planet, and consumer every day of their lives. We're rebuilding a platform from the ground up in a cloud native way. Leveraging the best technologies and platforms to achieve our goals. Revel in thousands of transactions a second? Don't blink at globally deployed fault tolerant systems? Passionate about well-engineered modern software systems? Then read on...
As a senior leader in Software Engineering, you'll combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology through solid engineering practices. You'll know what good looks like in software engineering. You'll be passionate about clean design, continuous delivery and testing, high performance reactive systems. You'll understand event driven platforms & streaming. You'll be bored by waterfall, repeat work. You'll be constantly looking to re-invent and simplify and raise the bar. You'll not be shy of speaking at developer conferences explaining what you do and why it rocks.
You'll lead and grow a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards. With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing, and application programming, your team will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements.
Your passion and experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you're already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit. In addition to creating solutions with your in-house team, you'll also work alongside our team of technologists from around the world who are just as dedicated as you are. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Technical depth and ability to rapidly understand, design, plan and communicate the impact of solutions and technology
• Strong Java / Spring experience
• Experience of microservices based design and implementation
• Experience on cloud native application design and implementation (AWS and other clouds)
• Reactive non-blocking implementation experience
• Expert leader of engineers, able to perform code reviews and set design standards
• Experience in end to end release of highly reliable applications including Design, development and testing.
• Familiar with operations and incident and problem management.
• Effective writing and presentation skills: clearly communicates complex technical and business concepts to leaders and key stakeholders in both technical and non-technical roles
• Expert with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, LEAN, etc
• Expert knowledge of with development tools such as Jenkins, Rundeck, Jira, Git/Stash, eggplant, apica, appd, splunk etc