Software Development Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead a highly-effective team driving continuous feature delivery and operational excellence. You will innovate, think big, and inspire great communication inside and outside your team. You will solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context. You will continually align your team's work, goals and priorities with Amazon's business objectives. You, along with your team, will build flexible systems and processes without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones.
You must be able to:
• Lead highly-effective teams, delivering highly available and reliable software for large, critical, and complex systems.
• Be a hands on manager who loves to roll up their sleeves and working on software development activities such as planning, design and code reviews
• Independently lead hiring and performance management for your team
• Recognize the high and low performers are and coach individuals for performance at both ends of the spectrum
• Create the identity and structure for your team
• Inculcate a culture of innovation and operational efficiency in the team
• Influence technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions
• Successfully manage all stages of a program (from concept to delivery)
• Define all aspects of projects and programs including collecting requirements, writing high-quality documents and doing sprint planning
Developers at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end-to-end, and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. Join a team of super smart, customer obsessed developers that think big and have fun. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 5+ years of experience; or Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years of experience or relevant work experience.
• 6+ years of experience leading a software development team through multiple product/platform releases.
• 5+ years of experience making significant individual contribution to real-world software development. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Business and technical vision
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Experience building developer SDKs
• Experience with distributed systems, SOA
• Experience with Cross Domain Solutions
• Demonstrated proficiency with an object-oriented programming language; strong object-oriented design and developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams.
• Experienced in using an iterative process such as SCRUM to deliver engineering projects; experience in continuous improvement to development process.
• Deep knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role