Senior Software Engineer - Market and Order Data Analytics
The Market and Order Data Analytics (MODA) group provides a domain-specific infrastructure for trading systems. We design high-availability services that process tens of millions of trade per day in real-time, and create client-facing applications that improve the trading workflow of our customers. We collaborate closely with our colleagues across Engineering and Product to understand their needs and develop solid, reusable and efficient solutions. Our ecosystem includes critical applications such as the new Cross-Asset blotter, Trading Automation engine and Order Alerting system.
The MOCA team builds APIs in different layers of the system to consume the MODA data points and designs its data model. Our key goals are flexibility and stability. Our API allows access to multi-asset data in a consistent manner in client and server environments.
The MODA Application Framework team is responsible for services that deliver enriched trading and market data to clients, with a focus on high-performance, reliability and ease of troubleshooting. We also build client-facing components to facilitate collaboration between traders. What's in it for you?
- Be able to solve complex problems independently
- Be comfortable collaborating across multiple teams to make technical decisions and get things done
- Demonstrate good design principles and a mindset oriented to creating and developing stable APIs
- Show a willingness to take full ownership of projects, from the requirements' definition with our stakeholders to the coordination across teams, to delivery We would love to see
- Experience in developing distributed systems
- Experience with cross-team project management
- A desire to learn about how our clients use the data we provide and improve our product offerings
You have the opportunity to join some of the most creative and exciting teams in Bloomberg, making a lasting impact on our product and clients! You will be working on pioneering projects such as building a truly multi-asset Execution Management System, and defining a mechanism to execute calculations on orders coherently both on the client-side and server-side. Interview Process
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.